Four walk ideas for the holiday season

Four walk ideas for the holiday season

One of my favorite ways to get active is by going on walks. With gyms closed and the weather getting colder, it can be hard to find ways to get my daily steps in. Luckily, I found a few ways to motivate myself to get out of the house

13
Four walk ideas for the holiday season
1. Walk to your favorite coffee shop

The Starbucks I go to is about a mile from my house, and recently I have been walking there to get my morning coffee. Not only is it a great way to start my day, but the hot drink keeps me warm on the way home, AND I get to try out all the holiday drinks while appreciating this season's red cups.

2. Go on a walking tour of the lights

Instead of driving around the neighborhood near you that has extravagant light displays bundle up in your hat and gloves and get moving! Walking around will give you more time to appreciate the scenery.

3. Get some extra steps while Christmas shopping

Become a mall walker as you run errands to get gifts for this holiday season! This is a good walk for days when it is just too cold or rainy to get outdoors because you get to stay inside! Take a few extra laps around the mall, or walk the long way to the store.

4. Park in the back of the lot

A quick and easy way to get a few extra steps in is parking farther away from the store. While it's only a short addition, these brief walks can really add up, and an added bonus is that it's easier to find parking!