Four Free Apps I Can't Live Without

Four Free Apps I Can't Live Without

These apps are pretty cool.

15
Four Free Apps I Can't Live Without
pixabay

Yes, you are right, the title of this article is hyperbole. However, I think we can all agree that our digital devices play a large role in our lives, as do the apps on these devices. Here are a few apps I'm in love with.

1. Bear (iOS)

As far as writing / note taking apps go, there are a lot of options (Evernote, OneNote, etc.). However, none of them have the sleek feel of Bear. In the App Store, Bear is described as "a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose." Beautiful and flexible are understatements. Bear has a stunning design and layout, as well as a user-friendly note linking system which only requires you to drop a hashtag in your piece to group it into a folder. Bear is good for class notes, Odyssey content drafts, that novella you've been working on, poetry, and a myriad of other things. Unfortunately, Bear is only available on Apple products, but easily synchs the content on your iPad, iPhone, and Mac. While Bear is free, Bear Pro can be purchased with a $1.49 monthly subscription.

2. YouVersion Bible (Android / iOS)

The Bible app from YouVersion is in a league of its own. There are a lot of Bible apps out there, but this one is the best in my opinion. Not only is it completely free, it has pretty much every English translation (as well as many other languages), great reading plans, highlight and note taking abilities, devotional videos, and it can synch on all of your devices once you make a free account. Reading the Bible is a real blessing, and the YouVersion Bible app allows you to delve into God's word anywhere you go.

3. Alto's Adventure (Android / iOS / Kindle)

Alto's Adventure is literally my favorite phone game ever. In my opinion, this game beats Subway Surfers, Temple Run, and all the other big names. Firstly, it is absolutely beautiful, yet charmingly simple. The game was critically acclaimed when it came out for a reason. Also, the game play is pretty cool. Essentially, you are this Peruvian kid named Alto who has to snowboard down the Andes slopes after your llamas escape their pen. As you collect llamas and coins, and do tricks, you gain more points which allows you to get more characters. I can't even tell you how much time I've wasted on this game.

4. Scripture Typer (Android / iOS)

If you go to Freed-Hardeman University (or another private Christian University, I suppose), you are more than familiar with a "memory verse test." For those who may not be, a teacher of a Bible course every so often tests students on how well they can memorize certain scriptures. Even if you aren't required to memorize scripture for a grade, the memorization of scripture is a great spiritual discipline and something you should look into! This app makes it so much easier to memorize scripture. It's method of typing the verses to become familiar with them, memorize them, and master them is extremely helpful and a must have for any student facing a memory verse test. Plus, you can earn points and get totally meaningless digital trophies.

Hope you enjoyed this brief list of awesome apps. What apps can you not live without? Let me know in the comments!