Fornite by Epic Games has taken the world by storm. The battle royale game peaked at 3.4 million concurrent players back in February. Since then the lead up to the game's fourth season has driven the internet mad. Talks about the Comet set to impact the map have taken over discussion boards. Well, now that the fourth season is here I'll tell you why you shouldn't give a damn.

I'll start with the biggest point, the Comet. People thought that the Comet was set to take out Tilted Towers, a major source of conflict in the game. However, Epic had other ideas. Instead of destroying Tilted Towers they chose to destroy this little, nothing spot called Dusty Depot. It is now known as Dusty Divot, though you won't have time think that when you get sniped while looking at it.

The location has little to offer, it is just a massive crater with plenty of angles to get shot at from. There is a small bonus it gives. There are small crystals out in the open, that when consumed increase your jump height temporarily. A temporary boost to my jump does not seem like a good reward for running out into the open and standing there for 5 seconds. Might as well set up a neon sign saying "Shoot me". There are other locations like the prison that got affected but overall the map changed little and the crystals are just an invitation to get shot.

Besides that, they only added cosmetics. More skins, melee weapon skins, gliders, and dumb dances. Something more overt is the addition of the season 4 Battle Pass. The battle pass is something that rewards players every time they enter a new tier. There are two problems with this system.

First, players have to buy the Battle Pass with V-Bucks, the in-game currency that must be purchased with real money. Second, the non-Battle Pass option is a joke. The Battle Pass system rewards the player every time they enter a new tier, but the non-Battle Pass option rewards the player every four tiers starting at tier two and ending at tier 54.

While the Battle Pass players get things like XP increases and new outfits for their characters, the average joes are getting profile icons and loading screens. Loading screens don't seem like appropriate rewards for reaching tier 30 honestly.

Overall, season 4 of Fortnite might be the bomb for the 10-year-olds of the world, but for those of us who know better, this update was an overhyped massive waste of time. if there ever were 5 words to describe Fortnite overhyped massive waste of time would surely be they.