Drop What You're Doing And Pick Up A Controller Because Fortnite Is Taking The World By Storm

Happy accident or not, Fortnite is one of those addicting games you cannot put down

457
YouTube

The hottest game this year? Probably Fortnite. Although the game was originally released in July 2017 by Epic Games, the full free-play that players all over the world are obsessed with did not come out until 2018. So, why are people so addicted to Fortnite?

At first, I did not understand why people would play hours upon hours of this game. Until I downloaded it myself. Once that happened, I could not stop playing. It was impossible for me to quit. For those of you that don't know, Fortnite is a classic survival game with multiple modes. You can play solo, duo, or even squads.

The name of the game is simple, don't get caught in the storm, don't get killed by other players, and be the last one standing.

The storm is what shrinks the map, if they didn't have a storm, it would take hours to find all the other players, considering that upwards of 90 play at one time.

The new update recently added blitz modes. which is where the storm comes in as soon as you drop onto the map. Making the gameplay quicker.

As easy as the game might sound, there is no denying that there is a level of difficulty to it. You have to search for your weapons, for shields, and destroy things for building materials. If you don't know how to build, that should be a concept that you learn quickly because more often than not does the final showdown between two people come to a building battle.

Another cool feature that Fortnite added is the ability to cross-platform. That means that almost all platforms whether you play on your phone, the Xbox, PS4 or PC, they can now play with each other. Xbox and PS4 cannot play together, however. While the set up for cross-platforming is tricky, it is definitely worth it if you don't have friends with the same platforms.

Fortnite is free. Of course, it comes with in-game purchases, but Battle Royale is free and that's primarily what everyone plays. Was Fortnite a happy accident? Would it be as popular as it is today if people had to purchase it? Probably not. But there is no way of knowing. All I know, is that it is taking the world by storm, famous Twitch players have made the switch from PubG to Fornite. So, why don't you?