5 Reasons Why Formal Can Be The Complete WOAT

5 Reasons Why Formal Season Is The Absolute Worst

I love getting dressed up, but I hate finding a date.

146

Being in a sorority has brought me a ton of fun activities to do on weekends. One of my favorite activities is formal. If you do not know what a formal is, it is a sort of homecoming dance or a dialed down prom that every fraternity or sorority has ~about~ every semester. It is a pretty fun night if you are with the right people. However, if you're also like me then you have a major love/hate relationship with formal.

1. Trying to find the perfect formal dress is hard AF.

I love getting to go shopping with my sisters, or my friends in other sororities! But it is a major struggle deciding if I want to spend the money to get a brand new dress or if you want to wear a dress that you wore or bought last year and have not touched in a while. You will know when you have found the perfect dress though. Not only will it make you smiler wider than the Atlantic ocean, but it will fit you in all the right places.

2. Finding a date when you're single.

When you are very single and are unsure as to who you want to take to formal. Obviously, you can go solo and that is super okay! But if you're like me and you feel uncomfortable going alone then you understand the struggle of not knowing who to ask or being too shy to ask the one person that you like to be your date. Or if you have asked one of your guy friends and he is already going with someone else to their formal. *cough* Colton *cough*

3. Deciding whose formal to go to.

My freshman year I went to one of my guy friend's formal in Nashville, Tennessee and my parents about had a conniption when I told them I was going. Another part to this is that not only would you love to with Chad to Sigma Apple Pie's formal in Kentucky, but your formal is the weekend right after. There are so many deciding factors that come with trying to figure out if you want to go to both formals, just one, which dress to buy or which one you want to wear to either one.

4. Finding the perfect shoes.

I have been to four formals now and I have worn the same shoes to each one, aside from formal last spring. Let me just say when you find the perfect shoes to wear for hours on end then stick with them! I wear my TOM black wedges every time and my feet are still fully thriving and not dying as much as everyone else's feet are.

5. When other sororities are having theirs the same night.

This semester, my sororities formal is October 19, which is apparently the night of two other sororities formals. This would not be too big of a deal if it weren't for the fact that one of my friends cannot come to mine because someone else already asked him to their formal before I could ask him. It is also super fun to see everyone's posts, but it super hectic the night of because of all the buses transporting everyone.

No matter what though, formal is all about having fun with your friends and dancing. So make yourself look like a goddess that you already are and dance the night away!

media1.giphy.com