You Forgot About Thanksgiving

You Forgot About Thanksgiving

Where are the #thankful hashtags at??

15
You Forgot About Thanksgiving
Warner Brothers

It seems as though every year, when the days start getting shorter and the weather starts getting colder, Christmastime seems to be earlier. This year, there were Christmas-themed items out in stores in August. What??? In August, I'm relishing in the final days of pretty sunsets and dreaming about the beach.

Christmas, though? Not really.

Don't get me wrong, December 1st is the beginning of my time to shine. I love the winter (I'm crazy, sorry). I love fires and hot chocolate and sparkles. There's really nothing better.

But.... Thanksgiving, y'all.

People (for some ungodly reason) believe that Christmastime begins November 1st. The day after Halloween. I don't know about anyone else, but the day after Halloween I'm at Target and CVS, stocking up on leftover bags of 100+ pieces of candy. Not candy canes.

Where are the cornucopias and large turkeys at? Why aren't there gourds abound?! I WANT A GOURD, PEOPLE!!!

Here at Boston University, the dining halls are decked out in fall attire. I'm talking pumpkins and gourds everywhere, hay bales and fake autumnal leaves. That's the content I want to see in November. I don't need to walk into a store just to be hit with wreaths and snowmen. There's a time and place for Christmas...it just doesn't begin in November.

I was first exposed to this super early holiday nonsense by my roommates. They're great people, but their morals are all wrong. You see, they're the type of girls who get "spoopy" October 1st and are "ready to jingle their bells" November 1st. Me? I grew up normally. I understand that holidays have a time and place, or more specifically, a certain date.

The other day I walked into Target and their "Winter Wonderland" section was already stocked. I'm talking Christmas trees, lights, candy, ornaments... If it was related to Christmas, it was there.

Now, if you need to get back into the Spirit of the Fall, please redirect yourself to this fine piece of writing (by me). And then eat some sweet potatoes.