Christmas Is Coming Sooner Than You Think

It's that time of year again, and Americans couldn't be more eager.

10
Universal Studios

All around America angry consumers can be heard already complaining about how Christmas decorations are up too soon, and that Santa needs to be placed on the back burner. Sure, it’s easy to see the frustration. Halloween candy has barely just gone on sale and there isn’t even a butterball turkey in sight to indicate any coming of Thanksgiving. But, c’mon folks! Who doesn’t love the Christmas season?

As soon as the clock strikes midnight on Halloween and November 1st rolls around, Mariah Carey can already be heard belting out the greatest Christmas carol known to mankind- "All I Want For Christmas Is You." Pine, Fir, and Spruce trees are popping out of the ground in anticipation to be picked by a loving family ready to adorn them. Walmarts all across the nation are sprinkling fake snow across every display in their stockpile. America is ready to celebrate their favorite national holiday: Christmas.

Many people may object to this and say “What about Thanksgiving? We’re skipping a perfectly good holiday and throwing it away in order to prepare for a holiday almost two months away!” To those naysayers I say phooey! In order to properly prepare for America’s biggest commercial holiday and fully enjoy it in all of its glory we need two months, if not more.

Thanksgiving is a pre-Christmas and can now only be considered as a day of training to stretch our bellies for the real deal. Thanksgiving is merely a pit stop on the road to Christmas day glory. Although it may seem insensitive, it’s true.

The Christmas season is undoubtedly the best season there is. Every fun and crucial element that adds to a holiday is present during the Christmas season; family, friends, gift giving, Christmas music, decorating trees, building snowmen, eating candy canes, building gingerbread houses. It is all there! November and December are basically two months of holly-jolly spirit, and who doesn’t love that? Unless you’re the Grinch (or a Grinch), no one wants to stop and pause for Thanksgiving! Let’s see those inflatable snowmen and Santa Clauses, and endless isles of synthetic trees; the more, the merrier!

Stop the griping, consumers of America. It’s 2016 and it’s time to embrace the early Christmas season. Let’s enjoy this this season for what it really is: a time to binge consumer fun and merriment. Don’t be a Grinch.