An Open Letter To The Girl Who Forgives A Tad Too Easily

Do you forgive people at the drop of a hat? If so, this article is for you!

4067

I've been known to constantly forgive people a little too easily. You constantly hear the negatives of this trait-- how you're setting yourself up for failure. However, I see this differently because I see what forgiveness says about your character. Forgiving too easily is not always such a bad thing, and I explain why this is true. However, you must always remember to protect your heart.

Forgiveness is a crucial part of life, let's be honest. You will encounter many instances where your heart feels broken, and someone or something defeats you. Many people find it hard to forgive a situation that has caused them such heartache. But, you're different. You forgive too easily. No, this isn't always a bad thing which I'm sure you've heard many times before. People will claim you're being naive and setting yourself up to be hurt. I hear all the time that the PROBLEM is that I forgive too easily. I don't see this as a problem at all.

I see it differently. Forgiving others come from an empathetic heart, which is a good thing! You feel the pain of others. You feel what the other person may be thinking — and you forgive them because you believe forgiving is a way of moving on. You believe forgiving means avoiding conflict. You might feel free when you let go of your issues with someone else. You ultimately choose to be the bigger person. But unfortunately, this sometimes means you will be exposed to heartbreak. Someone does you wrong, and you will forgive them. Maybe a little too soon. Maybe without much fight. Let's think about what this says about your heart. You envision the best in people, you will always give them the benefit of the doubt. You hold compassion in your heart. I don't see this as a bad thing. You rid yourself of any bitterness, or hatred which is something that can be admired about you. You see the best in life, keeping a positive attitude towards the people or situations that tear you down.

However, you must ALWAYS remember your worth. When someone begins to take advantage of your kind heart, that's when it's time to cut ties with that person. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, however, you must always keep your guard up. NEVER let people walk all over you. Because I hate to say it, but they will, over and over again if you allow it. They will see your beautiful soul and use it as an opportunity to abuse your trust. The bottom line is, don't let the hatred from the outside world hurt your delicate and forgiving heart.