How Do People Go Through Life Without A Sister?

You always have been and always will be my hero.

356
FaceBook

To my wonderful sister,

I have looked up to you my entire life. I remember in elementary school, we had to write about who our hero was and I wrote about you. It's been 12 years since I wrote that essay and nothing has changed.

I honestly don't know how people can go through life without a sister, older or younger. You have always inspired me and guided my through my hard times. I have always had somebody to talk to about anything that's happening in my life and I can't thank you enough for that.

Now, I won't lie and say that we have always gotten along 100 percent of the time. We have had our fair share of fights over the years. I'd like to think that it only made our relationship stronger (okay and maybe our hair a little thinner). I'm sorry for all of the times I made you cry and told mom on you. But you did post a lot of embarrassing pictures of me on Facebook circa 2008.

But thank you for helping me deal with high school, sports, breakups, college and when mom and dad are being annoying (sorry mom, sorry dad). You always know the right thing to say and are always honest with me, whether I want to hear it or not. You know me better than anyone else I know, so I always trust you.

Now that we are adults, I just wanted to say that you will always be my best friend. You are such a smart and beautiful person and I have been so lucky to have been able to watch you accomplish so many things in your life. You are truly an incredible person.

Thank you for making time to talk to me daily, whether be in person or through FaceTime. I love that we be in the same house or halfway across the country from each other and nothing changes. We have our strong bond to thank for that.

Thank you for being so selfless. You do so much for you friends, family and for your job that it's unreal. I can only wish that one day I can mean to others what you mean to them.

I don't tell you enough how much I appreciate being your sister. It truly is an honor. You deserve to know how important you are.

Thank you,

Your not-so-little-sister