You Will Always Be My Forever Person, Little Sister

Thank you for always being the Grey to my Yang.

560
Author's photo

My name is Destiny, it rhymes with Pestiny, it rhymes with Jestiny, it rhymes with Stephanie, it rhymes with crocodile.

This song is the property of a spunky preteen by the name of Destiny Moné Alexander. If you are ever in need of a good laugh or just someone to keep you company, she is your go-to girl. This beautiful soul is my perfect little sister, but I like to refer to her as my best friend.

It all started when my mom told me that she was having a baby boy. I was so excited about getting a little brother because I wanted to be the only girl. It wasn’t until November 19, 2004, when the baby was born and the worst was confirmed… he was a she!

I was so upset that I told my parents to leave her at the hospital and hung up the phone. To say that I tormented her would be an understatement. However, she slowly but surely started to grow on me.

Destiny is the type of person that will make you feel like life might just be okay when you feel like it’s crumbling around you. Her quirky ways of seeing life and kind gestures are what make her so special. My favorite thing about her is the filter that she doesn’t possess. She is both of our grandmothers mixed in one caramel delight package, which means she is a brutally honest person.

God, I love this girl so much! As she is getting older, I am amazed at how beautifully she growing. Everyone likes to say how much alike we look, but I tell them that Destiny is going to surpass my beauty and be a force to be reckoned with. She naturally pulls people toward her like a magnet because of her charm and looks. She is also very smart and talented. She plays softball, volleyball, and basketball, and can somewhat play the oboe.

She is my number one supporter and my biggest fan. She looks up to me in many ways, so I try to set examples for her at all times. I don’t think she truly understands how much I love her. I might not always show it or make it known, but I would go to war this crazy girl.

Because, what would life be without my dance partner, my movie date, my shopping buddy, my best friend? It would be a miserable and quiet life. No one person in this world is like my Destiny, and no one person could ever take her place.

So, Destiny, this is my ode to you pretty girl. Do, go out and live your life to the fullest. Do, dance like nobody's watching. Do, smile that giant smile you have because that is going to be their weakness. Do keep being young and full of life until you absolutely have to quit. Don’t let anyone change the way you view life, not even me!

Don’t EVER fall into peer pressure because if you have to think twice then it’s probably not a good idea. Do NOT quit being you! “ Today, you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than YOU!”--Dr. Suess. I will leave all of the sister duos with one final quote...

"Sister, She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child."--Barbara Alpert.