To My Forever Friend That Left Too Soon

To My Forever Friend That Left Too Soon

You were so strong.

111
To My Forever Friend That Left Too Soon
Elizabeth Radley

I've sat here over and over again trying to find the perfect words to express how much you've impacted my life and how much I miss you, but no amount of words will ever express how much I miss your presence in my life.

To the friend that left too soon,

I remember the exact moment I found out that you were no longer here with us. I was sitting on the couch when my mom came in on that winter day and I knew right away what she was going to say. When she said those words, my whole body went numb and my world felt as if it were slowly crumbling down. Tears came streaming down my face and I couldn't stop crying, even if I tried. I couldn't even believe it and all I could feel was regret, guilt and sadness because I never got to say goodbye one last time.

You were so strong. After all that you had to go through in twelve short years, you always looked at the positive side of things and never failed to put a smile on every person's face who walked into your life. It didn't matter if you knew them your whole life or just for a few seconds, you made sure they felt your love instantly. You showed me the true meaning of getting the most out of life, but I will never be able to understand why God had to take you away so soon. Yeah, I understand it was your time and everything happens for a reason, but why you? Why did God have to put you through this terrible thing called cancer? You were the most selfless person I have ever known with such a beautiful soul. It will never make sense to me, but I've learned to accept it and live my life to the fullest, just as you once told me.

Thank you for the endless memories that I now hold close to my heart. Whether it was swimming in Grammy's pool, going to the beach, swim club trips, attending each other's birthday parties, trick-or-treating, storybook land or just a plain old play-date it was nothing less than amazing. I would do anything for one more day with you to create more memories, but I feel so beyond lucky to have had these moments with you and to have even been able to be apart of your life.

I love you like a sister Kirsten Leigh and I hope you're baking and cooking lots of yummy treats up there because it was then you were the happiest. I miss you so much but I know you're looking over all of us... until we meet again in paradise.

Love,

Your forever friend