For The Students I'll One Day Teach

For The Students I'll One Day Teach

We are going to make sure you succeed, together.

56
For The Students I'll One Day Teach
I'm Lutheran

For The Children I'll One Day Teach,

Don't worry, I'll protect you.

I'm your non-violent bodyguard. I am here to protect you, stand up for you, and fight for your future. Life is difficult, and things come up that are sometimes too overwhelming, but I'm here to protect you and guide you through all the tough times. We can do this together.

I'll be your shoulder to cry on.

When school and life get tough, I'm here. If you feel the need to breakdown, I won't ask you to suck it up or yell at you to do your work, I will comfort you. We will find a solution to the problem and we will get through it together. No matter what, I will never push your feelings to the side to make you do school work because I know you can't perform to the best of your ability if your mind is somewhere else. If something is going on in life that you're scared to talk about or you're in danger, tell me. I promise I will help you get through it.

I can be your school mom.

Whether you have a mom at home or not, I will be your school mom. Need a snack? I got you. Forgot your snow pants? Don’t worry, I have three extra pairs. It’s your birthday? Prepare for an all day celebration. Again, I will always love you, and I will be your school mom if you need me to be.

I’ll have to be the bad cop sometimes.

Yes, sometimes I’ll have to be the bad cop. I’ll have to put you in time out, I will bother you about homework, I will make you read even when you try to get out of it, it has to happen. You WILL succeed, and to do that, sometimes you need a bad cop in your life.

I will push you because I know your worth.

Even on days where you think you can’t do it or you’re falling behind, I will push you to do it. I know you are worth it, you have a purpose in this world and education will help immensely. You can do it!

Any tiny accomplishment will be treated like a HUGE accomplishment.

I will celebrate every little milestone you meet. Whether its going from a two-reading level to a three-reading level or simply just getting a better score on your spelling test, it will be celebrated Jolly Ranchers and Skittles will always be on hand, so theirs a little incentive for you!

When you go on to the next grade, you may not see it, but I will cry.

By the end of the year, we will have built a great student-teacher relationship, and it will be sad to see you go. But I know you will go onto bigger and better things, and I know I will always see you in the hallways. I will know that I have taught you well enough for you to have the skills to succeed later on in life, and you will be okay.

Thank you for not only letting me teach you, but for also teaching me. No matter the challenges we have faced throughout the year(s), I will always remember you. You can do this, you will be great!

Sincerely,

Your Future Teacher.