You Want More Debt?

You Want More Debt?

For the love of debt

114
You Want More Debt?
Meredith Shea

I am going to be a lawyer. I am determined, and it is going to happen. It will happen with a good bit of debt. Even with extreme couponing, budgeting, and scholarships I do not see myself walking away with a law degree without also walking away with some form of debt.

“But lawyer make SO much money! You will pay it off in no time!” Mm. But will I? Probably not. And I am okay with that. At the end of the day, me and all my future class mates will be the low man on the totem pole wherever we end up after law school. Our financial troubles will not disappear into thin air. It is going to take some time and living the broke life a bit longer.

“Why would you go to law school? It sounds awful.” Maybe to you but I am really excited for it. Is it going to be difficult and a smidge stressful? Yes, but do we want it to be easy? Professional school (law school and medical school) should not be easy. These two professions are training to be experts in a specific field. But people that choose to go into these fields shouldn’t be doing it for the heck of it. It is expensive and time consuming. You should be certain and excited to train for the field you want to specialize in. This is my field and I couldn’t be more excited to go to school for this.

I have determined that life after law school will be worth the amount of money I will be investing upfront. People would not do a lot of things is money was the only thing considered.