10 Reasons To Continue Doing It For The Insta

Someday, you will look back on these photos and you’ll feel a rush of emotions.

276
Megan Sutton

Let’s face it. The majority of us enjoy taking photos, so we can update our social media and seem like the cool kid on the block. But seriously, so much more comes out of it. I’ve always had an eye for capturing the simplicity or the absolute disaster of a moment. “Oh, you aren’t ready for the photo? Well, I’m going to take one anyway.”

Because this is how you capture the true memory of the moment as if it is happening real time. (HAHA, candid!!)

Someday, you will look back at these photos and you’ll feel a rush of emotions. Whether it’s laughter, tears, or a simple smile, you get to reminisce about the pure emotion of a memory.

So, keep being that person who everyone rolls their eyes at because they “do it for the Insta” because you will regret it if you don’t capture the memory. And, here is exactly why:

1. To capture a moment provides a spark for reminiscing later on down the road.

2. Photos hold happiness, growth, friendship, joy, laughter, smiles, fashion and so much more. Don’t be held back from showing these off on your Insta profile!!

3. We are writing our own novels, and it’s much better to read a book that has illustrations than to read one with just words, am I right?! #InstaGameStrong #CaptionGameStrong

4. You are able to view the themes you go through in your life. For instance, one of my favorites is growth. Seeing how much I have grown within the last few years is something I treasure so much because there are so many ways to grow in this life we are given.

5. We are all aging with every second. Our smile changes depending on the day, our size changes, our hair changes, our style changes and so much more. It’s incredible to see, but you wouldn’t be able to without photographs.

6. You can see the change. Change in relationships especially. Weird how life has a way of replacing the bad apples for good ones.

7. Our parents began with documenting our elementary school photos, but now as we all scroll through our news feeds, we see people graduating college. Remember a few years ago when we were all posting our high school graduation photos?! Crazy how time flies.. But how neat is it that we did it?! We are all flowers blooming into who we are shaped to be. #Adulting

8. We live in the moment to remember the moment. We are simply capturing the moment to look back on as we are living it.

9. When you look back at photos from one of the “best days of your life,” you get to look back at genuine happiness and maturation. Crazy how the factors that play into your “best days” change as you age.

10. More comes with the photographs you are creating with people whom you wouldn't trade for the world. More memories, more strength to the friendship/relationship, more understanding, and just more overall. Your “people” are with you through the thick and through the thin.

Photos share so much. It’s as if they speak a different language that everyone is able to understand. Don’t hold yourself back from sharing moments that hold so much. I encourage you to continue doing it for the Insta because it reveals the true you.