If You Feel Suffocated In A Friendship, Leave, At Least Temporarily

A true friendship has a balance in giving and receiving. It doesn't need to be a 50-50, but over time, the balance needs to reach a certain level.

2122

You talk on the phone and your best friend tells you how bad or wonderful a new day she has been. Then when you start talking about your stories ... the friend said sorry and hung up for many reasons. In fact, she left the conversation and never knew how your day passed.

Do you feel you are excited about talking and meeting your friend more than she does?

Relationships become easy to crack if a person does not invest equivalently in the relationship and vice versa, the feeling of being followed by your friends sometimes can also make you feel uncomfortable. At first, you were extremely happy when you were near her. You have fun, sympathy for each other, it was a pleasant relationship.

Then everything changed.

She is no longer sharing her stories; her emotion and feelings are just so strange, but she refuses to talk to you. She said she was fine, but you know for sure that something is happening. Now you are easy to contradict. You are more cautious. At some point, you realize you're too self-conscious because you're worried about missing something. For some reason, you feel like you are on the blacklist of your extremely close friend, and that you guys are no longer together.

Then what happens?

You feel uncomfortable, anxious, afraid and unbalanced. You think of your friend from a lower position. Then a great thing happened — suddenly your best friend treasured you and you found yourself flying in the middle of the galaxy. "What have I been worried about?" you might ask yourself. Everything is normal. Then the next day, you can't contact her again. The story is messy, you can't anticipate anything and in you, there are countless doubts. Self-esteem makes you hesitate.

You know the concept of "spring cleaning"?

It is not only about cleaning up the warehouse, collecting old clothes in the closet, but also an opportunity for you to take a closer look at the people present in your life, whether the relationships you are maintaining need to be refreshed.

How to know if you should end a friendship.

There is a fact that not all friendships last forever and that is normal. This statement does not recommend you to quit playing with someone because of small disagreements and quarrels. It's just that you can allow yourself to stop going back and forth with the other person if the relationship keeps getting tired.

If this friend requires time, attention and support from you but doesn't want to respond to the same things, it may be a sign that you should stop this relationship. Another sign of a relationship is when "You are tired of the idea of meeting that person." Your friend is no longer going on the same path with you, and there is no reason to waste each other time. Instead, you should pay attention to how you feel and respect your interest rather than chasing after someone who doesn't even know that you are existing. If you feel anxious, it may be a sign that you need to be mindful, and please, give yourself some space. It might be sad when you quit a relationship, but there should be no reason for you to keep it if it is no longer helpful.