For Sparky

For Sparky

You changed my life

23
For Sparky
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206950818793253&set=a.1582403804306.76143.1362037998&type=3&theater

Most people don't know something bad is about to happen before it does. Most people cannot predict a tragedy, and most people plan for happiness but not for disaster. That's what we did that day. We woke up, had breakfast, got on the road, jammed out to all of our favorite songs, stopped for lunch, got back on the road, and that's where we met you.

For those of you who do not know, my sisters, friend, boyfriend and I were lending hands in a tragic accident to an incredible family on the interstate to Myrtle Beach. We were headed to a family vacation. Little did we know a family on their way to the same destination would tragically lose a loving father, husband, and friend. He was hit by a truck while entering the freeway to grab some luggage that had fallen. The tragic part? His entire family witnessed this, and he did not instantly lose his life. My peers and I happened to cross their paths, and both us and they made marks on each other's hearts that day.

For more about that day, read here.

As for Dave, "Sparky", the brave man who we lost that day, this is for you.

We have not formally been introduced, so Hello, I'm Casey. You probably don't remember me, but from what I've heard, you really are something else.

You have an absolutely beautiful wife, inside and out. Ever since that day, she has made me want to love harder, always, and never give up on what I truly love. I know you could hear her that day. I know that you tried your hardest to hold on, that you would do anything you could just to say goodbye, just as she would do the same. It is evident in the little I know about your incredible life, that you treated her like a princess, and that you did everything you were supposed to and more.

Your children are wonderful, and every time I remember their faces, I see you. You were an incredible father, and they will never think anything less. They ran into my arms that day like they had known me forever, and it gave me a glimpse of the warm hearts you and your family share.

That day is a day I will never forget, I don't understand why this happened, I don't understand why July 17th, 2015 was your day. Like I told Kellie when I held her tight that day, everything happens for a reason, and sometimes we don't quite know that reason yet. I know one thing is for sure, we were supposed to meet your family that day. I was supposed to fall in love with them, and they are supposed to be a thought that seems to come to my mind every single day. Kellie calls us her "angels" and Dave, I want you to know that you are mine. You are a part of me knows that you are not only watching over your family but me too. Thank you.

I can't wait to see your family again one day. I get chills just at the thought of the hugs we will embrace, tears we will shed, and laughs we will have. I know you'll be there in spirit, but I can't wait to tell you all about it when I see you again.

Hug somebody today.

xoxo, Casey