For My Mama

For My Mama

I appreciate my mom more than she knows.

208
For My Mama
Christina Madueno

Mother’s Day has just passed, and since I am 500 miles away from my mother and was unable to give her a gift, I decided to dedicate this week’s article to her. So to my mama, happy late Mother’s Day! Here is a list of the things I wholeheartedly appreciate my mom for.

How she surprises me with Starbucks when I wake up, even if it's at 1 in the afternoon.

How she drove me to all of my dance classes and rehearsals, no matter how early or late.

How she works around my picky eating habits for family dinner.

How she did my makeup for me when I didn’t know how.

How she listens to me vent over petty things (and not-so-petty).

How she gives me life advice I need to hear.

How she helps me with adult problems — like laundry or cooking.

How she gives me a reality check when I need it most.

How she always let me express myself and my questionable fashion choices.

How she always loved and believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself.

I love you mama! Thanks for birthing and raising me, and dealing with my bratty attitudes. I appreciate you more than you know.