The Foolproof Method of Getting Through Finals Week

An undergrad pre-med senior who has been through some rough times. Some horrible times. Unspeakable times.

13

Finals week is beginning...now I may only have one actual final and one take home final to turn in but I have had my fair share of self-hatred-and-anxiety fueled days. So sit down. You take a swig of that coffee, I'll take a swig of this here gin and let me learn you a couple of things.

Disclaimer: worry not, this is the actual formula to a successful week.

1) Invest in the creation of a poppin' music playlist that not only gets your head in the books but keeps it there. Here are a couple of spotify links to a variety of playlists.

Ear coffee for the morning: basic happy pop stuff, good vibes

Playlist for like actually studying: chill.out.brain, Productive Morning

Playlist for feeling like you're at a cute coffee place: Soft Jazz, Piano Bar

Playlist for de-stressing: Calm Down, Folk Rock

Playlist to invigorate an aura of Chill

2) Always remember the goal at the end of the road: Christmas next week...(or lets be real, the insane party that is scheduled at the end of the week)

3) Find a study spot that you can be comfortable in and GET KOMFY.

4) Schedule time in for non thinking activities. For example) YouTube, Snapchat, heck even exercise (if your like into that). My favorite YouTubers include, JennaMarbles, Superfruit, MamrieHart, any damn channel color of BuzzFeed (what even are that). On another note, follow me on snapchat @shawn6spencer4 for some sick relatable stories. #ShamelessSelfPromotion

Oh, I guess I like running. Sure lets go with that.

5) Treat yo' self. You read me right. Craving pizza? order it. Want a burger? drive to get it. Thinking about that mocha frapucinno with whipped cream? All I am asking is for you to commit.

Trust me. If you ask me, this entire week is one of no judgement.

6) Study with your friends. They know you suffer, they suffering too. Suffer together. Make them if you must. However, if you're like me and don't have friends, see tip #4. Don't feel bad I'm in that same category fam.

7) Cuddle with your animal friend. "LOVE ME, LIKE YOU MEAN IT CLAWDIA."

8) Coffee. Preferably through an IV, but if not then a big black cup o Joe PO works just as fine.

9) Study only in increments of 3 hours because apparently your brain can learn more efficiently that way. Trust me, I heard it from *someone 1000% more reliable.

10) Always remember the promise that sleep will happen, albeit eventually.

You got this, readers. You're now equipped. Comment below or send me a snap of you partaking in the tips.

*source: MCAT tutor