5 Thoughts I Have Now That I Am 22

5 Thoughts I Have Now That I Am 22

My special day has arrived.

21
https://unsplash.com/photos/2OAUj3l6zc4

21 is a big year for Americans who get to legally drink for the first time. But what about 22? What is so special about that age? Here are 5 thoughts I have upon turning 22:

1. I have been able to drink for a year now

Where where has the time gone? My birthday last year landed on a snow day so I could not go out and get alcohol but that is fine because I had many other great memories during the year.

2. I graduate college in May

Time needs to slow down. I have no idea what I am going to do post-graduation so I hope something pops up soon. I think colleges need to do a class on job hunting.

3. I haven't been a teenager for over two years

Some say your teen years are the best, others say the 20s are the best. Only time will tell.

4. I graduated high school almost four years ago

That seems unreal to me. I do not remember much of school growing up but four years still seems so long ago. Here's to the next four, then eight, then the rest.

5. What's next?

I have lived 22 years and hope to have many more but what's next? What will my job be and where will I live? Some (if not all) of those questions will be answered this decade.

My 21st year was filled with many good and bad memories but I am ready for my next adventure.