5 Things You Need To Be Doing On A Rainy Day

Bored? Stuck inside? Try these things!

504

Have you ever been trapped inside on a gloomy, rainy day wondering what to do? You are bored out of your mind and you have even debated working on homework. Here are five things that you could do on rainy days instead of your homework or dying of boredom.

1. Take a nap!

Because sometimes, you just need a nap! Not just any old nap though. Take a nap wrapped up in a million blankets, surrounded by a million pillows, and throw some stuffed animals in there while you're at it. Take a nap that you are going to wake up from feeling refreshed and ready to conquer the world. Take a nap and relax inside for the day. You never know when you are going to get an opportunity to take another long nap, so rainy days are perfect for just that! (Disclaimer: I love naps, so that is why this is number 1.)

2. Read a book!

You know that dusty old book you have sitting on your shelf? Or the one that has been queued up on your Kindle? The one that you have "been meaning to get to", however you have yet to even open the front cover. Pick up the book, pick a good spot in the house, and read! It can be really satisfactory to read a book. It is a positive way to avoid/procrastinate the homework that you have also "been meaning to do".

3. Have a movie marathon!

Harry Potter! Lord of the Rings! Twilight! And if you are feeling really crazy, a scary movie marathon like Insidious or Saw! Heck, the movies don't even have to match! Just sit your butt down on the couch, grab yourself some popcorn and MnMs, and watch movies. Take a break from the reality of this world and dive into the reality of Bella and Edward. Pretend you are at Hogwarts or are on an important quest like Frodo. If I were you though, staying in this reality for Insidious and Saw would probably be your best bet.

4. Play board games!

It may sound like you are taking a nostalgic trip back into your elementary schools, but playing board games can be really fun! Especially if you get into an intense game of Twister or Scattergories! Games that you can be a little loud/rowdy and have fun with your friends with are perfect games to bring out on cold rainy days. If you would prefer more quiet games, Monopoly and Stratego will be your cup of tea!

5. Bake!

Not only will you waste an incredible amount of time doing this, you will also gain a delicious treat! Whether you decide to bake a cake and decorate it, or lick the brownie batter bowl clean while you wait for them to cook, a delicious treat can always brighten up a gloomy day!