Four Things To Bring To The Thanksgiving Table

In a bind for something to bring? Look no further!

46
Public Holidays Global

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a few days away. While it feels like Halloween just happened yesterday, it's true that the day is almost here and that the holiday shopping season isn't far behind it. But let's focus on what's ahead in the next couple of days. As you get older, you may be expected to start contributing more to dinner. Whether it's something small like utensils or plates, or something a little bigger like cooking part of the meal, a contribution on your part may be expected. If it's your first year doing this, you're out of ideas, or someone is already bringing what you were going to make, you may feel a bit stressed over what to do. Don't worry though, with all of the online resources out there today like Pinterest, there are plenty creative options to make for dinner this year. If you're not really into cooking there's still plenty that you can bring to the table also. So here are four contributions you can make for Thanksgiving this year.

1. Go simple and bring some utensils.

Doesn't get much easier than that, but it's definitely something that's essential to the day. You can go the traditional route and find some silver utensils, or you can spice it up with fall colors like brown, red, and orange. Either way, your family will be thankful that you brought them.

2. Make a dish for the meal.

Whether you go all out and make the turkey, or you bring a dessert, there's so many recipes out there that there's really no end to what you can make. There's everything from intricate dishes that can really showcase your talent for cooking or baking, or simple no-bake dessert and crock-pot recipes that you can just pop in the fridge the night before or cook over night.

3. Bring some games or activities.

If your family is the type to bond over some board games like mine, you might think about bringing some activities to pass the time while you wait for dinner to be ready. It can be as simple as bringing a deck of cards to play Black Jack or Rummy, or a board game like Monopoly that can take hours to play. Either way, it's a great way to bond with your loved ones.

4. When in doubt, bring the drinks.

Whether it's adult beverages, or ones for all ages, this is another great way to contribute to dinner. You can go fancy and bring something like wine or champagne, or just grab a few bottles of Coca-Cola.

So if you're in a pinch this year for something to bring to Thanksgiving, give one of these a try. These four ideas can help make this year just as memorable as before and hopefully get you out of your bind. Happy Thanksgiving!