5 Reasons I’m Thankful For My Big, My Partner In Crime

What would I do without my big sister?
168

To my most beautiful big and my perfect best friend, thank you for inspiring me and giving me all of your love. God only knows what I would do without you by my side. There are so many reasons as to why I love you and am thankful for you. This piece is for you.

1. She spoils me rotten.

Clothes, food, Knick knacks and surprise deliveries rained down on me for the whole week of the big/little reveal. Everything I would have picked and better my big gifted for me. I couldn’t have been luckier to have met a person with such fashion sense, style, and class.

Truly, my dear, you outdid yourself. Let’s not forget about the post big little splurges. Our food runs, nail appointments and shopping trips are nothing short of perfect.

2. She has my back.

For every menial complaint, monumental meltdown, and lengthy venting session my big has been there to endure it all. Her patience and her poise, her temperament, and her compassion gave me more than enough strength to overcome any obstacle I faced.

She’s put every issue in perspective and taught me to take life as it goes. And anyone who wronged me was facing an even bigger threat than me; my big, of course.

3. She is my partner in crime.

We scheme like it’s our job, we turn into CIA detective agents when necessary and we fool around like there is no tomorrow. There is nothing better than concocting some sort of devious plan just for the fun of it.

4. She is a life saver at all times.

If its 2 a.m. and I'm in the middle of a forest, I know my big is one of the few people who would come in a second to save me. Anytime, anyplace with anyone, she’s there. And for the less urgent, but just as valued fashion emergency’s, she simply never lets me down.

5. She revealed a part of me I didn’t know was missing.

Every day she teaches me something new about myself and about life. Her work ethic proves that hard work is always rewarding, and that the rough patches are worth persevering. She shows me the potential in myself and always encourages me to be the best person I can be.

She displays how brutal honesty with everything is fundamental in a friendship. Lastly, she captures life in its fullest form and enjoys the perks when they exist.