Five Quick DIY Costumes If You're In A Pinch For Halloween

Have no fear, there's some costume ideas right here!

167
Tyler Lambert

The time of year is finally here. Halloween. It's a fun time of year that many people celebrate from the time that they are a young child to an adult. There's costumes for everyone, from the glamorous to the gory for the young and the old. The sky is the limit to what you can be this year. But for those of you not quite sure yet what you want to be, you may be thinking that time is running out and that you don't want to spend a fortune on a costume you'll wear to one party this year. I am right there with you. It's hard to think what you want to be when you're under pressure to throw something impressive together in such a short amount of time. So don't worry, I've got your back. Here are five quick and simple DIY costumes that you can throw together in a bind.

1. A Ghost

A classic that pretty much speaks for itself. It's about as simple as it can get too, take one of your sheets and cut some holes in it. A costume in under five minutes.

2. Toga.

Another classic, especially for the brain-fried college student still recovering from midterms. Not much thought needs to go into this one. Just a sheet and either making yourself a crown or buying one.

3. Rosie the Riveter.

I went as this last year and it was super easy to throw together. Everyone has a pair of jeans at home, and most have a jean button up shirt nowadays too. Now all you need are the work boots and a red bandana. Most of this stuff can be found around your house or, in the case of the bandana, super cheap at a craft store.

4. 1950s Greaser Girl or Guy.

I also went as a Pink Lady from Grease when I was in college. It's another super easy costume. All you have to do is order the jacket and throw on a pair of the black leggings that you most likely already have. I wore converses with my costume, but you can dress it up as much, or as little, as you like. If you're looking for something even easier, or more masculine if you're a guy, just throw on a leather jacket and black jeans and slick back your hair. All things you can probably find in your closet at home.

5. Regina George with the holes in her shirt.

For the ladies, Regina George is probably a popular costume in any outfit, but this one is really easy to do by yourself. So easy, in fact, you could probably throw it together the day of. Do you have a skirt? Some heels? And I'm sure we all have some kind of white tank top sitting around our rooms. Easy enough, just cut the holes out in the appropriate places, and you've got yourself a costume!

So if you're in a pinch this week to try and come up with a costume that you need for that party on Saturday give some of these a try! Halloween only comes once a year, so get out there and enjoy it!

Happy Halloween!