- 1.Ephesians 2:8 “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God (ESV).
This bible verse is my absolute favorite in the entire book. This keeps me so humble because it shares and tells me that I cannot get into heaven on my own, that is all because Jesus died on the cross for my sins and rose again. I cannot achieve eternal life by making good decisions and going to church, those will get me nowhere. I have to surrender everything to God and believe that he is the reason I will succeed in life.
- 2.Psalms 119:9-10 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart, I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments (ESV).”
This verse is such a huge encouragement when I feel lost in my faith. Whenever I see people at school profusely denying the word and name of God, I look at this verse and remember that He is the only way I will ever help them. By staying true to what He tells me, I will be able to overcome the reputation teenagers have, as well as the reputation Christians have. I can achieve greatness as a young person sharing the word if I stay true to my beliefs.
- 3.Hebrews 11:39-40 “And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, since God had provided something better for us, that apart from us they should not be made perfect (ESV).”
This verse is a good slap in the face for when a Christian thinks that as long as they believe in God, all of their hopes, dreams, and wants will be fulfilled. God works in mysterious ways. When one longs for something, God will bless them in many other ways. Through prayer and giving, the Lord will give to us what we need, not necessarily what we think we deserve. The ways that God blesses us are not always the way we think they should be, but they sure are mighty.
- 4.Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God (ESV).”
This verse is one of my absolute favorites, as someone who suffers from the battle of anxiety. The thoughts that run through my head can be so devestating, I need a life saver. God is my lifesaver. In the middle of the night, when thoughts have clouded my head, I know I can look to him for the guidance I need. This verse gives me the confidence that I need to make it through when I think I am going to fail. This reminds me that by prayer and being in the word, I will hopefully be able to achieve calmness and not be so anxious about everything all the time.
- 5.Romans 8:3 “For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh (ESV).”
This verse is the verse I go to when I feel my faith teetering. If I find that I am questioning what the Lord has done for me, I reach for this voice. God sent his own son, his flesh and blood, to save the souls of all mankind. He changed the world forever! God made a way to try to combat sin, ever though we know that it happens every day. The Lord knows what he is doing, and especially when it comes to his people.