Five Lessons From Romantic Comedies That Don't Apply To Real Life

Because life is not like the movies...
29

I absolutely love romantic comedies and have watched many over the years. Every time I watch them I like to make notes of the lessons I have learned. These lessons are pretty funny because they aren't very realistic. If love and relationships were this simple, life would be great! But unfortunately, the lessons I learned can't be applied as flawlessly as they are to these movies. These patterns don't apply to real life.

1. Fake Fiancée/ Boyfriend

If you pretend a stranger or someone you know is your fiancée or boyfriend, you will end up falling in love. This is the premise of many famous movies as well as almost every Hallmark Christmas movie. I'll be honest...it is my favorite kind. As it is, my favorite movie is "While You Were Sleeping".

2. The Kiss

And no worries...if number one isn't working quite yet, just wait for the kiss that changes everything. It may be forced by a third party, but it will change your life...or shall I say love life.

3. The Friend Zone

You also do not have to worry about being in the friend zone. You may be in the friend zone now. BUT wait! The person who friend zoned you will soon realize you have been there all along. This one actually could happen so that's promising!

4. The Returner

There is always someone that will come back from your past. It will be inconvenient and it probably means that the person you are with isn’t the right one.

You won't have to spend much time figuring out the dilemma because it will all pan out perfectly. After all, it's a movie.

5. Do Anything

If number one isn't working out (why wouldn't it? haha), just do any activity, such as go on a road trip, with someone you like or absolutely despise and love will come. As I said, DO ANYTHING with that person.

SO obviously as I said before, these lessons shouldn't be followed because real life is not the movies. However, sometimes it is fun to think about if life was like a romantic comedy. Movie moments of the crazy kind are the only ones that happen to me...but that is for another time.