Five Faith-Based Advice For Any College Kids Struggling With Coming Up With Their Five Year Plan After College.

God has a plan for you and guess what it isn't always the one we would imagine. This can be some news difficult to hear. It can be even harder if you don't necessarily have an imagination for the future. Never fret these bits of advice should come to save you from going down the rabbit hole of existentialism.

7
Taylor Sipos Photography

In the newest youth age of up and coming young adults entering the workforce, we've been spoon-fed propaganda that all of us from six grade and upward must know exactly what we want the rest of our lives to look like. Which is pretty complex a thing to figure out at such at any age let alone as a tween, teen, or college student. If you've ever had a job interview you know that many interviews often ask the dreaded, "so what is your five-year plan" or "where do you see yourself in five years." Here's some faith-based advice that will hopefully help you figure it out, understand there is a plan for you and/or be comfortable with what you do know.

1. God Only Gives You What You Can Handle

This is the most received faith-based advice I can think of. Your mother has probably told you this multiple times to which sometimes you've probably rolled your eyes. But seriously though, God Only Gives You What You Can Handle. All the stress you are juggling right now will pass and get easier to navigate.

2. God Has Given You So Much Good In This Life

When you are feeling like there is not much going for you guess what? You are wrong. There is always good even in bad times. God gave you that good so that you can remember how to get through it! Right now there will be stress. There will be heartbreak. Or a number of other things and maybe all of them all at once. You can get through it if you hold onto that little bit of good and just know God and Jesus have got your back!

3. God Made You With A Purpose

It's up to you to find that purpose and make it mighty. God put you on this Earth and hand crafted the you that you see and maybe you are unaware of your God given gift of direction but it will come. Like I said before He only gives you what you can handle and maybe you are not meant to be on that path quite yet. Maybe you need to finish the path you are on to get to the path He wants you to end up on. You will get there. Life is not a singular highway it is all the connecting highways in California and then some more roads.

4. God Is Love And You Will Always Be Loved

No matter who you are and what you have done you will always be loved. You will. You are loved right this very minute. Maybe you have estranged parents, lack a huge friend group, or just feel like you have disappointed people guess what God still loves you. God will always love you. When you feel like you are failing Him, He still loves you. Maybe you don't know your path but at least you know that and can feel stronger for it.

5. Just Because You Can't See Him Doesn't Make Your Faith Any Less Real

In the next few years, you will be challenged. As you embark on a journey into the "real" world and try to make a name and life for yourself you will be challenged. It will not always be easy. There will be some things that come with ease but those will pass and the hard times will come and be very memorable. That is okay. You will recover. Never let those things or even persons lead you too far from God. Your faith is so valuable. Just because there are so many nay sayers, questioners, or people with faulty faith does not mean your faith should be shaken so. One of the best movies says, "just because you can't see it doesn't make it any less real." Everything will work out and you will come out stronger with God.