I love college... mostly. I love being on my own and being responsible for myself, but my first semester at Arizona State University has taught me many lessons that I was not expecting.
Making friends is difficult
Everyone always told me it would be extremely easy to make friends in college. What I found was the exact opposite but once you've got a couple good ones, stick with them and your life will be great.
It's super easy to miss deadlines
It's a slap in the face when you realize you have five assignments overdue because you forgot about them since you don't have class every day.
If you write something in your planner, actually look at it
Sometimes I would miss deadlines even if I wrote them in my planner... #SMH.
The elevators have the potential to be the bane of your existence, especially when you have ten minutes to get to class and people have decided they need to stop at every single floor. Be TP fit people!! (If you are a Taylor Place resident you know what I mean).
Quiet hours? What are those?
Living in the room right next to the lounge has proved to NOT be the best decision I've ever made. Do people really not understand that some of us are trying to sleep at 2 a.m.?
Dogs are a blessing
God bless the people that bring dogs to campus every Tuesday morning.
I was never a nap person... until I started sleeping for four hours in the middle of the day and realized how amazing they are.
Laundry machines are great... when they aren't full
Please don't be the person that leaves your laundry in the machine an hour after it's done. Or the person that uses both of them at the same time...
REMEMBER YOUR KEYS
You better pray harder than you ever have before that your roommate isn't in class on the day you accidentally lock your keys in your room.
Participate in activities even if you think you won't enjoy them
Even if you are 100% positive you won't have a good time, do it anyways and you might just end up meeting someone that changes your life!
- 7 Important Lessons College Kids Must Learn, As Told By 'How I Met ... ›
- 11 Lessons I Learned My First Year At College ›
- 12 Life Lessons College Has Taught Me ›
- 5 Things You Probably Also Learned Your First Semester In College ›
- 7 Life Lessons From Your First Semester Of College As Told By ... ›
- 8 Things College Students Realize After Their First Semester ›
- Why The First Semester Of College Is The Hardest ›
- 45 Things I Learned In My First Semester Of College ›
- 50 Little Life Lessons I Learned In College | Thought Catalog ›
- 7 Life Lessons You Learn In College | Rasmussen College ›
- A Guide to Surviving the First Semester of College | Owlcation ›
- The College Adventure - 8 Lessons from My First Semester ... ›
- What I Learned From My First Semester in College | HuffPost ›
- 15 Things You'll Learn Your First Semester of College | Her Campus ›
- 10 Mistakes You Can Make During Your First Semester Of College ... ›