Respect Yourself

Respect Yourself

“Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.”

62
Respect Yourself

Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.”

I have spent a long time trying to make myself work for other people. Not just in the things I say, or the places I went, but also in the way I look. I have always stood up for what I believe in, I have always tried to do what I wanted to do, and I haven’t really given into influences that I felt weren’t best for me, but at the same time I never opened my mouth, and I never went against someone when I felt that they were wrong, I just kind of didn’t say anything and I let them say whatever they needed to.

But, as I grow up, as I finish up my college experience, and as I gain new experiences, I realize that I need to start doing things for me. I need to stick up for myself and for my beliefs, and I need to do things for me.

I think everyone could use a little lesson in that. Speak up for what you believe in, do things for you! But at the same time, accept the things that you cannot change. Whatever is meant for you will be yours soon, and honestly it will probably be much better than you could've ever wanted.

You are you, take that in, remember it. When things get hard, or you feel insignificant remember that there is no one else on this earth who is you. No one else looks exactly like you, no one else has exactly your talent or intelligent, and no one else has your heart. That is why it is so important to realize that you are so much better than you give yourself credit for. Myself included. I am going to state that again for anyone who really needs to hear it “We are all so much more than we give ourselves credit for.”

If something does not help you grow, does not lift you up, does not let you see your full potential, LEAVE IT. Life is way to short to stay with things that make you feel small. Whether it is a person, or a job, leave it, you will be better off, the best results come from when you are doing the thing you love, or with the person you love.

Life is good and so are you. You deserve all of the good out there no matter how many times it may seem like you don’t. Don’t let anything get you down, push through for yourself, push through for those who are following your example.

I wish for myself and for everyone else, the realization that we are all amazing, we all contribute such great things to the world, and generation after generation will help build the world up, how could we give up when change is on us?

I hope you find your sense of wonder.

I hope you respect and love yourself.

I hope you see the good in you.

And I hope you feel inspired one way or another.

From Your Site Articles