First Day Essentials

First Day Essentials

A few of the tips and tools that has helped me over my college years.

2276
First Day Essentials
http://www.goldandhearts.com/

For many, next Tuesday will be the very first day of college classes them. But for others, much like myself, it'll be your long awaited, last first day of school. Either way, it's the first day of school, is the first day of countless opportunities and opened doors.The first day of the classes means rest of your college life The first day means new beginnings, new friendships, new tests, new struggles, and so much much more. Keep in mind that as important and as exciting as move in day was, until you start classes you are not a college student just yet. Freshmen, if you are anything like me, you were so excited about your first day, that you went out and got every single textbook before classes started and you have about five binders for each class, and you already have your first day of class outfit with the most uncomfortable shoes ever in the forecast. Any right minded senior will tell you that none of that is really needed in order to be successful on your first day of classes, less is more.

Here are a few essentials tools and tips., that can hopefully help, have successful first day of classes.

1. Comfortable shoes

The walk across campus is already bad enough. Wear comfortable shoes, it's class, not a fashion show, you'll thank yourself later. T-shirts and tennis shoes are a college student's best friend.

2. Bring a small snack

The breaks that you have in between classes may seem like you have enough time to eat, but those 30 minutes will fly by before you know it, so bring something small like a granola bar or a bag of chips, it will definitely get you through the day.

3. Wait to buy your books

Right after you register for classes, your book list automatically appears, but go to the class first and let your teacher tell you whether or not the book is necessary. You will save a lot of money that way.

4. You don't have to bring all of your supplies

It’s the first day of classes and usually, the first day is for going over the syllabus so don't bring a stuffed backpack to class. A pack of paper, a binder and two or three good pencils will do just fine on the first day of school.

5. Headphones

Sometimes the walk to class can literally be the worst, but if you're like most of the students around campus music helps everything, even that long walk to classes, so pack those headphones.

6. Have your class schedule

You may think you have it all memorized but trust me, it's really easy to forget your next move, so write it out, print it out, have on your phone. Just have it near!

7. Know where you are going

Before the first day, map out your classes and get to know the campus. Being late on the first day because you didn't know where you were going isn't really going to fly in college.

8. Introduce yourself to your teachers

In large classes, teachers don't know names, so after each class introduce yourself, let your teacher know that you're there, that you care about the course and your grade. In the long run, teachers are more gracious to the students who made an effort in their classroom.

9. Sit toward the front of the class

Sitting in the front statistically results in higher grades, because it's much easier to pay attention. You're less tempted to pull out your phone or fall asleep when you're sitting in front of you teachers.

10. Enjoy yourself!

Class is inevitable most of the time. Waking up in the morning, or sitting in a closed space on a beautiful day is super depressing, but keeping a positive attitude about class is the most important essential any college student could ever have. Just keep the dream of graduation at the back of your mind, and those dreaded classes will become much easier to enjoy as the time passes.