14 Totally Unconventional First Dates That Almost ALWAYS Guarantee A Second Date

I think we can all agree that "dinner and a movie" just doesn't cut it anymore.

59
Instagram

The dreaded first date.

There’s a first time for everything, but what if you had the chance to experience those “firsts” with your date? While millennials are slowly making “dinner and a movie” a thing of the past, we’ve got to admit that it’s easy to run out of ideas.

I’m not saying that all of these dates are 100 percent practical, but they’re definitely worthwhile. I think we’d all love to experience one of these dates, even if we didn’t actually end up dating the other person.

1. Go on a helicopter ride.

Might as well conquer your fear of heights as you’re clutching onto your date as if he’s the only thing that’s keeping you sane. I’m sure he’ll love it.

2. Attend a comedy show.

Okay, this one isn’t totally unconventional, but there’s nothing better than getting an idea of what your date’s sense of humor is like.

3. Enroll in a cooking class.

There’s nothing more romantic than learning how to make homemade pasta together, am I right, ladies? Not to mention you’ll get a taste of your date’s culinary skills.

4. Pitch a tent and call it a day.

Find a nice scenic view, bring along your portable speaker, and get to know your date as you go “camping,” even if it’s just for a couple of hours.

5. Test your endurance with indoor rock climbing.

My best friend and her boyfriend absolutely LOVE going rock climbing together. Definitely a bit of a work-out, but nothing you can’t handle!

6. Go rollerblading together.

Okay, I don’t remember the last time I went rollerblading either, but at least you’d be able to decide if you love or hate your date’s laugh after this one.

7. Visit an amusement park.

Because there’s no better feeling than having your date win that stuffed purple teddy bear just for you.

8. Take a coffee tour of your city.

You might get extremely caffeinated, but nobody wants to be depresso so it’s all good.

SEE ALSO: 16 Places To Meet Your S.O. That Are NOT Tinder Or Bumble

9. Have lunch in a beer garden.

In case you wanted to channel all those European vibes and get pretty drunk in the process.

10. Go dancing at a Latin club.

If he sucks at dancing, just remember that it’s very dark, you can have another mojito, and easily pretend that he’s Enrique Iglesias or Marc Anthony.

11. Browse a used bookstore.

Challenge your date to pick out a book that he thinks you would read and do the same for him.

12. Attend a sporting event.

Don’t forget to impress your date with your knowledge of the sport. Yes, girls actually know a thing or two about sports.

13. Grab breakfast together.

Forget the popular belief that dates have to happen after 7 PM and ditch your LBD for your pajamas. Okay, maybe that’s a little extreme, but wear something comfy and enjoy the fact that you can spend time with your date before the sun goes down.

14. Find your inner zen with yoga in the park.

Outdoor yoga is becoming very popular in many US cities, so why not see how flexible he really is. Be prepared for any sexual innuendos that may come out of his mouth.