Applying For Jobs

28 Hilariously Candid Thoughts You Have When Applying For Your First Big Kid Job

Excuse me...is there a manual for this thing called adulting?

54
Applying For Jobs

I've recently started looking for jobs to actually apply for, and finally finalized a resume that I feel is worthy enough for potential employers...maybe. This whole experience has been crazy stressful, and I feel like I am not the only one who has been through all the thoughts that come with trying to adult. It's a crazy ride, and unfortunately, there are some schools and programs that really don't prepare you for trying to start your career.

So, kids, this is what you have to look forward to when you're a jobless college graduate.

1. How on earth do you write a resume?

media.giphy.com

2. What is a cover letter?

media.giphy.com

3. Oh...this looks like an interesting position....

media.giphy.com

4. What salary am I qualified to ask for?

media.giphy.com

5. Okay...I am soooo NOT qualified for that!

media.giphy.com

6. YOU WANT 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE FOR AN ENTRY-LEVEL JOB?!?!

media.giphy.com

7. I am never going to get a job....

media.giphy.com

8. Can I go back to elementary school?

media.giphy.com

9. Am I allowed to pay someone to write my resume?

media.giphy.com

10. You mean I have to rewrite my cover letter?

media.giphy.com

11. This resume looks like a preschooler wrote it.

media.giphy.com

12. Why did no one teach me how to do this??

media.giphy.com

13. Is there a manual for how to apply for jobs?

media.giphy.com

14. *Calls Mom* So, everything you've ever taught me has been to prepare me for life...so why do I feel so unprepared??

media.giphy.com

15. Please let there be one employer who finds me interesting!

media.giphy.com

16. LinkedIn? I thought that was just a spam email!

media.giphy.com

17. Oh. My. Gosh. The salary is $45,000?!?!

media.giphy.com

18. How do people get multiple offers? I can't even get ONE!

media.giphy.com

19. *Email notification* MAYBE IT'S FINALLY A JOB OFFER!

media.giphy.com

20. THEY WANT TO INTERVIEW ME?!

media.giphy.com

21. Maybe this whole getting a job thing isn't so hard after all...

media.giphy.com

22. *Clicks "Submit Application" button* NO! Wait! I wasn't ready!

media.giphy.com

23. Wait...how does one look for jobs?

media.giphy.com

24. What do you mean by 2-3 years of experience? Does McDonald's count?

media.giphy.com

25. *Reads job description* What do these words even mean?!

media.giphy.com

26. Guess I just have to expect that I'm going to be living in my mom's basement for the rest of my life...

media.giphy.com

27. I have NOTHING to wear to my interview!!!

media.giphy.com

28. This isn't so hard...I got this!

media.giphy.com