Finland Announces Roster for 2022 World Juniors

Two top draft hopefuls and a returning star round out Finland’s tournament roster for World Juniors 2022 Live Stream hockey game.

39

The 2022 World Juniors Championship is nearing its end And on Wednesday, the two participating teams released their rosters for the tournament. It is expected that the San Jose Sharks will have at least one prospect playing in the tournament, since William Eklund made the final selection for Sweden However, Finland's roster tends to be more draft-eligible players in 2022 With a total of 10 players showing off their talents for the upcoming summer's.

The two forwards who are among those hopefuls for a draft spot are Joakim Kmell as well as Brad Lambert. Both are mostly in the top 10 and even as high as second overall as of the beginning of the season of scouting. Lambert is a member of an hockey family, with his father and uncle both playing in Europe and also his grandfather Lane Lambert, who played for the Detroit Red Wings and Quebec Nordiques in the 1980s.

Lambert has more ability and size, playing both on the wing and center and the winger Kemell is a goal-scorer who is pure. The JYP teammates from Finland's Liiga are the three players who are the youngest in the team. Kemell is the top scorer in the team with goal scoring (12) in addition to points (18) even though he has missed nine games.

In terms of the draft players are concerned, 11 NHL franchises are represented on Finland's roster including players from the Ottawa Senators, Carolina Hurricanes, Toronto Maple Leafs and Los Angeles Kings sending two prospects each. Ten players return from last year's contest One goalie four defenders, and five forwards, which includes Brad Lambert and the Kings' Kasper Simontaival.

At the 2021 World Juniors Championship, Finland defeated Russia to take home Bronze. Simontaival placed second with goal scoring (4) as well as third on points (7) in seven games during the tournament. Lambert scored one goal and had 3 assists. Joel Blomqvist, the returning netminder, who was selected as the 2nd round pick of 2020's draft, of Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Penguins, did not have any time on the ice in the tournament last year.

Finland will be competing in Group A with the Czech Republic, Canada, Germany and Austria in Edmonton, Alberta. Group B, which includes members from the United States, Sweden, Russia, Slovakia, and Switzerland will be competing with the other teams in Red Deer.

The preseason exhibition games start on December. 20 with the preliminary round starting in December. 26. The Finals will be played on January. 5, 2022.

GOALTENDERS

Joel Blomqvist (Pittsburgh Penguins, 2020)
Juha Jatkola (2022 draft eligible)
Leevi Merilainen (Ottawa Senators, 2020)

DEFENDERS

Aleksi Heimosalmi (Carolina Hurricanes, 2021)
Rami Maatta, (2022 draft eligible)
Topi Niemela (Toronto Maple Leafs, 2020)
Petteri Nurmi (2022 draft qualified)
Ville Ottavainen (Seattle Kraken, 2021)
Kasper Puutio (Florida Panthers, 2020)
Ruben Rafkin (2022 draft eligible)
Eemil Viro (Detroit Red Wings, 2020)

FORWARDS

Samuel Helenius (Los Angeles Kings, 2021)
Roni Hirvonen (Toronto Maple Leafs, 2020)
Roby Jarventie (Ottawa Senators, 2020)
Oliver Kapanen (Montreal Canadiens, 2021)
Joakim Kemell (2022 draft eligible)
Ville Koivunen (Carolina Hurricanes, 2021)
Brad Lambert (2022 draft eligible)
Joel Maatta (2022 draft eligible)
Juuso Maenpaa (2022 draft eligible)
Olli Nikupeteri (2022 draft qualified)
Sami Paivarinta (2022 draft eligible)
Aatu Raty (New York Islanders, 2021)
Kasper Simontaival (Los Angeles Kings, 2020)
Kalle Vaisanen (New York Rangers, 2021)