5 Tips For Reducing The Noise In Our Lives

It's time to develop a healthy and sustainable lifestyle

9
Photo by Simon Berger from Pexels
We live in a society that constantly tells us that we need to be living in the fast lane, that we must always be on the go, and that we always have to be jumping from one spot to the next. Society never really tells us that we need to take a step back, slow down and actually take a look around at everything that is being shoved in our faces. I'm guilty of it, and you, dear reader, are just as guilty of always jumping from one moment to the next without any breather. So, how can we take a step back? How can we get back to healing? By reducing the noise that blares outside our windows.

DETERMINE IF SLOW LIFE OR SIMPLE LIFE IS FOR YOU

These two different lifestyles tend to overlap in several aspects but at the end of the day they have different affects on the lifestyle that you ultimately lead.

DETERMINE YOUR VALUES & LIVE BY THEM

This is already self-explanatory, what are your values? What is it that you believe in? What is something that you do not tolerate or that you feel violates your values?

CURATING SOCIAL MEDIA

Do a deep clean of all of the social media platforms you are a part of and get rid of all of those that do not align with your values and the lifestyle that you wish to project. Want a more positive aspect? Follow body positive groups. Want a more natural and ethical approach? Follow influencers who promote this type of lifestyle.

DITCH THE PHONE (SOCIAL MEDIA TOO!)

One of the major things that tends to contribute to the constant noise in our life is our phones. Constantly being hooked to them makes it difficult to socialize with others, to be in the moment, to see everything around us and to enjoy life for what it is. While phones have advanced into something that we could only have dreamt of as kids, they have also taken us away from our loved ones as well. Take a day off from your phone, and just enjoy life.

SNOOZE

When we were kids we did not enjoy taking naps, but now as adults we are constantly tired and find it hard to stay awake. Our bodies are trying to tell us that we need to take a moment and relax, crawl onto the couch or into bed and take a nap, and without any guilt about it. Naps are great and many cultures around the world advocate for a nice nap in order to feel rejuvenated for the rest of the day.

Related Articles Around the Web