Get Creatively Unstuck

There's Probably A Reason That You're Stuck Creatively So Let Me Tell You How To Get Unstuck

Don't try to do it by yourself. Trust me, it won't work.

223
Loui Wenig

Getting stuck creatively is the worst spot to be. When I'm trying to think of content for my articles or for an essay for school, I get so frustrated when I can't think of something that's never been done before and something I want to write about. There are so many topics I think of but if I'm not into it, it doesn't turn out that great and I don't want to write something that I won't try my best at.

This past week I couldn't think of anything to write about. I was at a roadblock for creativity and I was getting really frustrated and it became all I could think about. Usually, before I write or try to think of something creative I pray and ask God to help me do the best I can and think of something meaningful and worth reading about, but this past week I didn't. Each time I tried to sit down it was like all I could think about was homework, or how hungry I was, or anything besides writing. So I went for a run.

I'm not a runner at all, but recently I've become one and I actually like it because I can just plug music in my ears and forget everything else besides the next mile I have to go. A song came on that I discovered a few months ago. "When I write" by Josiah Williams. I was listening to the lyrics again and realized that I was trying to make writing about myself and for myself but in fact, it's not about me. Nothing that I do is about me. It's about Him. And boom, it's like so many ideas just came flooding at me right then.

Whenever I try to make something about me and what I want to do, the plan fails miserably. There's the infrequent occasion where it pans out but that's not often. God wants to use my platform here on the Odyssey as a creator and every other area of my life to glorify Himself and I'm so humbled by every opportunity to give my creativity over to Him.

Can I encourage you to give over everything to the Creator of the Earth? He knows your struggles and disbeliefs but He's willing to see you through all of that because He's just that good!