The Struggle of Finding A Last Minute Halloween Costume

For everyone who waits too long to find a costume

16

If plan out your costume in advance and may even sew your costume together at home just so it can be much more original, props to you. Seriously, one day I want to be that person (I even planned out a costume I thought I could sew for this year, but it didn't happen). While I applaud all of the creative costume makers out there; this article is not for you. This is for the people who were too indecisive to choose a costume until they were forced to throw something together last-minute. You are my people, and if you are anything like me, this is your costume process.

1. You remember that Halloween basically arrived and you still need a costume

Where did all the time go? You thought you had all month to find a costume!

2. You can't be the only one without a costume

Beside, the Halloween party you were invited to requires everyone to wear a costume to get through the door. You will probably still be let in, but not without a ton of harrasment from your dear friends.

3. You search the most popular costumes for the year so you are not going to be another repeat character

You know who you are Harley Quinns, Pokemon trainers and Star Wars people! Now you know what NOT to be, it's time to figure out what you DO want to be.

4. You start Googling and Pintresting costume ideas

There are so many awesome options! How is everyone so creative?!

5. You consider buying a pre-packaged costume

This is a brief consideration that quickly fizzles out when you remember how spendy costumes can be. Besides, its cold out outside and pre-packaged costumes are generally not made of thick material.

6. You lower your epic costume standards and go back to the drawing board for something simple

A simple costume is the only option you have now. You ran out of time, but you can still rock it while avoiding costumes only consisting of cat ears (now that's too simple!).

7. You call a friend

You want to ask them what they are going to be so you know how extravagant of a costume you'll be standing next to all night. You need a reference point to know how seriously to take this costume thing, right?

8. You Pintrest and Google AT HOME costume ideas

Behold, a selection of more time and money friendly costumes!

9. You make your choice and personalize it

Whatever your choice, make it yours and own it.

10. Looking festive yet simple, you survived another year's Halloween costume debacle

Congrats! You avoid getting too much grief from your friends while simultaneously taking advantage of Halloween's excuse to dress up and be creative.

11. You tell yourself you will definitely plan ahead next time

HAHAHAHA! We will see about that.

Happy Halloween Everyone!