Finding Happiness In Fitness

Finding Happiness In Fitness

The journey isn't always easy, but the destination is worth it.

14
Finding Happiness In Fitness

With the start of a new year happening, it's very common for people to start a new workout routine. For me, 2016 was the year I actually invested in my health, and I'm planning to reach even bigger goals this year. Here are some things that I've learned about my health and fitness over the past year.

1. There's a difference between fit and skinny.

To me, being skinny is just how you see yourself in the mirror. Being fit is about how you feel, building muscle, and being a healthier version of yourself.

2. It's easier with a partner.

Everything seems to be easier when you have someone to push you out of your comfort zone or stay on the path you're on.

3. Lifting revolves around the proper technique - not the amount of weight you can lift.

If you're not doing it right, you're not doing your body any favors.

4. Being uncomfortable is OK.

Few things are easy the first time you try it. Working out is the same way, but don't be afraid to try something new.

5. Train everything.

You can't simply train one part of your body or do the same routine everyday. This is why trying new things is so important.

6. Going to the gym is not an excuse to eat whatever you want.

Just because you worked out that day does not mean you can continue to eat unhealthy. If you are truly trying to improve your overall health, your diet is also a factor.

7. Start with small goals and work your way up.

Being able to accomplish a small goal will help build up to bigger goals that you can accomplish down the road.