Find Your People And Love Them Well - Even If It's Hard At First

Oftentimes, finding a community means trial and error.

23

Finding community is probably one of the hardest things that anyone ever has to do.

It is especially hard to find community when you are in a new environment. When I first came to college, I was so nervous. I honestly believed that I might not find anybody to be my friend.

Luckily, I was extremely wrong and I found a whole group of people who welcomed me with open arms. Now, it's not easy for everyone to find their community. I understand that. Not everyone is as lucky as me and found their community after one try.

Personally, I hate this because it means that sometimes you have to put yourself out there and sometimes you are completely rejected by people. This does not mean that you should give up and stop trying to find community. All humans need people to surround us and lift us up. We need people to walk with us, give us advice, and encourage us, especially when life gets hard. Our community is often what makes us strong.

There is such power that comes with being able to be real with others.

Allowing yourself to be truthful around the people that you trust the most allows you to be set free.The amazing thing is that honesty sets you free. You are no longer the one walking down a path by yourself. You now have your community to surround you and lift you up.

The trick in life is finding the community where you feel supported and loved.

I would like to remind you that this does not happen overnight. Finding a community takes time and patience. Not everybody in this world is going love you and want to be your friend. I'm here to tell you that's OK. If you are in a place where you do not feel valued and loved, that is not a place where you need to stay. Branch out and find new people, wherever you are. There will be a group of people here on this earth that value you.

To those of you who are struggling to find community - please know that you are not alone.

Continue to put yourself out there. I know it hurts when you get rejected, but you still need people. To the person who feels discouraged and hurt because of the pain that a community has caused, keep trying. You are going to find a group that will value you. The road may be a difficult one, but you will find a community along that road. Just keep walking. To the person who has already found their community, continue to share. The truth will set you free.

If your community truly loves you, they will want to know your deepest struggles and your greatest joys.