Find Your Purpose

Find Your Purpose

We are all here for a reason

15
Find Your Purpose

Today I want to talk about my major goals and dreams that I have. In high school I was not super motivated as I am now. But my mom always told me that I had a gift. She always use to say, “every time you meet kids with a disability, they just gravitate towards you. I have never seen anything like it before.” When I finally realized what she meant, I knew I had to make something out of this. I always liked helping people so I did some research about jobs who help people which is very broad to say and includes a lot of jobs. I also did some research on motivational speakers and how they touched and changed people’s lives for the better. All of these stories were all so amazing and I knew then, I could see myself doing this. I realized my sophomore year at Augustana college that the purpose of my life, is to free people from concern. By becoming a Speech Language Pathologist I know I have the amazing opportunity to really have an impact on each and everyone of my client's lives. Helping people IS my life, and I want to inspire people every single day. If someone is ever feeling down or upset. “Busy” is not an excuse. As long as I am alive and breathing, I will do my absolute best to help that person and make them smile. I believe that I really have the drive to help people through their worst problems without any sort of judgement. I want someone to look at me and say, because of you, I did not give up. Its the best feeling in the world to help someone through something and just to be there with them makes you feel good. Today’s society is filled with judgement, hate, and disrespect. I know several people who don’t give a crap what people think about them and I knew many more who care what everyone thinks about them. In high school I always use to be like that and then I realized when I was at college that it doesn’t matter what people think and that you should’t care. Who cares what people think, do what you have to do, for you. Allow nothing or no one to slow your pace or affect your energy; stay forever consistently flowing, forever growing. I want the world to do better because I was here. And I know that once you find your true purpose in your life, it will truly be an amazing feeling.