Find Your People At Texas A&M

Find Your People At Texas A&M

Pick me, choose me, love me.

458
Find Your People At Texas A&M

Making the transition from high school to a major university like Texas A&M can be a little scary. However, one of the many wonderful things about college is being able to reinvent yourself. You're free to be who you want to be without having to worry about the opinion of others. There are plenty of on campus organizations for you to join; this is where you will more than likely find your person. Commonalities bring people together and the friendships you'll make in the next four years are everlasting. Here are just a few student-run groups for you to mix and mingle with:

1. Old Army Gentlemen's Society.

If you don't follow Total Frat Move on Twitter or dress like an Easter egg, Ol' AGS might be the men's organization for you. Old Army Gentlemen's Society combines the social aspect of a fraternity with service and leadership. These guys are outstanding members of society and pride themselves in being "Aggies First, Gentlemen Always."

2. Aggie Men's Club.

AMC was originally founded with the intent of providing a social atmosphere of fellowship and brotherhood. Aggie Men's Club is devoted to the spiritual, emotional, and physical development of each individual member. The fraternal bond comes at a much cheaper price through this particular organization with membership dues being $200 per semester.

3. Aggie Sweethearts.

Aggie Sweethearts can best be described as the female alternative to AMC. Sweethearts are fun, flirty, and fabulous. These women quite literally wear their heart on their sleeve and are some of the most bubbly girls on campus.

4. Aggie Belles.

Belles are passionate about their philanthropic endeavors with Baylor Scott & White and Books and a Blanket. Aggie Belles are hand downs the most genuine group of ladies, held in the highest regard by their fellow students. One of the many events hosted by Belles is the annual Aggie Dance Marathon.

5. Texas A&M Iron Spikes.

Iron Spikes aims to make the Bryan/College Station community a better place for all. This men's organization builds close-knit relationships through community service and promotes spirit for the Fightin' Texas Aggie baseball team.

6. Aggie Hostesses.

The Aggie Hostesses is an elite group of female students who volunteer their time and effort on game days to assist the Letterman's Association with any and all festivities during football season. (They can also be seen sporting some snazzy custom-made jerseys around Kyle Field.)

7. Breakaway Volunteers.

If you enjoy a good cup of coffee and have a Breakaway tag on your backpack, you might be a Christian. Breakaway is a campus-wide worship held every Tuesday night. With the volume of students attending on a regular basis, there's gotta be somebody behind the scenes running the whole thing.

8. Traditions Council.

And let the redassery commence... (Yes, I made that up just now.) Traditions Council is a student government dedicated to preserving all of the wonderful things that make this school the bomb diggity. These Ags are more than likely to paint their faces on game day and yell "Gig 'em" until their lungs give out.

9. Aggie Guide Dogs and Service Dogs.

Who doesn't love puppers?! The purpose of this organization is to educate and promote the training and use of guide dogs to raise awareness for the animals and individuals with disabilities who use them.

10. FLOs.

You name it, there's a FLO. FLO stands for Freshman Leadership Organization and there is a multitude of groups that fall under this category. Everything from Freshman Leaders in Progress to Aggies Selflessly Serving in Shaping Tomorrow, there's a FLO for errybody.

For a full list of organizations, please refer to http://stuactonline.tamu.edu and don't forget to attend MSC Open House to learn more!