4 Simple Ways To Find A Summer Internship

I made it my plan to find a local job or internship at a media corporation.

82

During this semester, I made it my plan to find an internship at a media corporation for the summer and to find a job to work at locally, in my hometown. Since I have been really busy with coursework this semester, I haven’t really been able to find the time to sit down and apply for internships, jobs, or any other type of opportunity. At this point in the semester, I am scrambling to find any spare openings for any internship positions that haven’t already found their fair share of prospective applicants. Since I lacked the proper resources and knowledge to discover these on my own, I have put together a list of 4 ways to help you find an internship for the summertime.

1. Career fairs

I personally haven’t been to a career fair since high school, but my friends have told me that it’s a great resource to find internships or even jobs! There are a few career & internship fairs that are held throughout the year, so if you want to find an internship or job, this would be a really good first step.

2. Search online

It's easy to find internships in your area if you search on Google. There are tons of positions that are open throughout the calendar year, and Google is a really good way to start looking for the internship of your dreams. There's a job search option on Google, and often these listings include internship applications as well. Whenever I'm searching for a job or an internship, I always start with Google or another search engine and go from there.

3. Go to your advisers

This is also another really great resource to use to find internships! The advisers at SAS (my school at Rutgers) are really knowledgeable and have a lot of information to offer about what internships are available and where to find them. If I'm struggling to find an internship with any of my other methods (such as Google or a job search engine) I often turn to my adviser to find an internship.

4. Ask around campus (and ask your classmates!)

I can't tell you how many random opportunities I have stumbled upon just by asking around campus. If you have a friend in your class (it especially helps if they are in your major) that has an internship or is in the process of getting one, ask them about where they look to find internships, or even where their internship is at.