When You Find Your Best Friend

When You Find Your Best Friend

you are the extrovert to my introvert

91
When You Find Your Best Friend

You know the moment when you and your best friend realize that you are best friends? Yeah, it is a beautiful moment. Warm fuzzies galore!! So here is to you best friend. Thank you for being the best human. To show you how much you mean to me, here is a list of 11 things that make us best friends.

1. You know all of their weird childhood stories.

This is one question you never have to ask each other...? My fave is when I am telling a story and I am reminded that I have already told you this story at least 5 times. I know your brother had his nipple ripped off on a water slide. You know about my cousin running me over in a barbie jeep when I was a toddler. It is a pleasure to know all

2. You can be your true weird selves with no judgment.

It is the best feeling when you can be 100% you and know that you are loved regardless of your weirdness. It is what makes you, you and luckily you are just as strange. We can rant about whatever, we can dance, you can sing and I can listen, we can say whatever is on our minds, and it is just wonderful.

3. You know exactly what each other is thinking with just a look.

You know when you are both just sitting there listening to some random person spouting out some major BS. While both of you are being polite and nodding along to this complete and utter nonsense, you make eye contact and instantly know that both of you are thinking what is this person smoking?

4. You are their number one fan. Always.

It doesn't matter what your bff is trying to achieve you are going to be there to support them and cheer them on! Hey if you are going to sing at a talent show next week, you better believe I will be there, front row, singing right along (silently but still singing all the words to your song!!)

5. You tag team whatever and whoever messes with one of you.

It doesn't matter if you are both going to look stupid. What matters is that you do it together. Unbreakable team, against all of life's tragic moments (falling over the turnstile and then a wet floor sign) and jerk peoples (like those who are mad at your success and treat you like poop because you beat them). You can hate on the same people because you are just on the same team.

6. They encourage you to be cultured so you get references.

There are just some things you should get in life. Friends references are one of them. I would be an uncultured troglodyte if it weren't for you. Thank you for saving me from the rock I was living under. I will be watching the office next, I promise.

7. They have a designated chair at your place.

You both have a spot, and a habit. You sit in the same place when you watch the bachelor, and you run in the same order on the treadmills at the gym. Routine is everything and change just doesn't fly. And that sacred rule is always honored.

8. You trust them with anything and everything.

I trust my best friend with the life of my cat, and that is basically the ultimate form of trust for me. Your secret is safe with me is something I truly mean and believe when told, thanks to you. And I am never afraid to get super deep and emotional because you are a "safe space" lol.

9. You do important things together like try to workout.

You get your butt out bed and go do something good for you just because you can't stand the thought of disappointing your BFF (at least most mornings unless one of us texts gibberish back to the "are you awake" text) You start the day together and work towards a common goal and appreciate the pain all the more because you are going through it together. The high five at the end of the run is the best.

10. You start using their terminology.

Oh yes, very much so, yes.

11. You are on the same page.

You love Chip and Jojo because they are the greatest human beings on earth. You love Miley. You basically live together considering every time you are together (which is basically everyday) you wind up staying up until two in the morning chatting, and then you both pass out because you both love some sleepytime tea. We have the same pet peeves. We both love friends, cats (the musical and the animal), the bachelor, dirty jokes, sleeping in, and being the HBIC at all times. We are on the same page about everything all the time.

You are the extrovert to my introvert. You are the aunt of my cat. You are my classic buddy. You are my workout partner. You are much future maid of honor. You are the best friend I was always missing. Thank you so Senorita for bringing us together, because I don't know what I would do without her!!!