'Finding Dory' Review

Pixar has gone and done it! Here is a few thoughts on the new movie sequel, "Finding Dory." Pixar made me care and fall in love with another cast of characters again! Time to go paint my room the color of the ocean and get all the toys so I can recreate the entire movie. That's how big of an impact this film had on me. It made me see the world in a new set of eyes.

At the start of the movie, Dory introduces that she has short term memory loss. It was played for a few laughs at first, but then it is shown quickly how real and serious Dory's problem is. I think this is the shining aspect of the film, how they treat disabilities. For people without any severe disabilities like me, it can be hard sometimes to understand the difficulty of living with a disability. We know it's hard, but rarely do we get the opportunity to see the world from their perspective. "Finding Dory" does just that in a perfect way. I always felt as scared as Dory did when she forgot something and I was so proud when she got past a challenge in her own Dory way. I would recommend this movie just because how well it handles the subject material. I think any child or adult living with a disability can see Dory as a big inspiration.

The characters were as colorful as the pixels used to make this movie. Hank, the octopus shown in the trailers, is a good foil for Dory's happy-go-lucky attitude and forgetfulness. Nemo and his Dad are given some development and I quite enjoyed their chemistry. All of the random individuals the main cast meet on their journey are hilarious as well. My favorite was the clam, look out for him, he needs some company. Visually the movie did not look different from "Finding Nemo" I enjoyed the opening animation visuals more than the movie. However, it still impressed me at times with the bright colors and dark settings in certain scenes.

This movie should definitely be seen. Go watch it once, twice, three times. Tell your boss that the company needs to go see it. If you're a kid, tell your parents that the family will fall apart if they don't go see it. This is an emotionally charged movie that will make you care and feel for a drawn character. It also made me understand people with disabilities more. And in the world we live in today, we can all use more understanding.