10 Times 'Friends' Perfectly Summed Up Finals Week For College Students

The worst week of any college student's life summed up by everyone's favorite comedy.

172
YouTube

Friends, arguably the most relatable television series of the 90's, is adored by generations far and wide. There is no better show to compare to the stress, hilarity, and instantly of finals week than this comedy. Freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors alike have never been able to relate more closely to america's favorite group of people than we have during finals week.

1. When people constantly ask if you are stressed.

It is no secret that finals week is the most stressful time of the semester for college students. Everyone is equally stressed, yet everyone feels the need to ask if you are stressed or worried about your exams! However, the key to being stressed out is letting on that you are actually in fact handling life well and "you are fine". Biggest. Lie. Ever.

2. When the study guide covers double the amount you actually learned in class.

Professors are often times very good at their job, but it always baffles me when they decide to surprise us last minute and add all of the course materials they failed to cover during the semester onto the final exam study guide. I can attest that there is no better feeling that the realization that you have to read an entire textbook of unlearned subjects approximately ten minutes before you are expected to take your exam.

3. There are many stages of being stressed.

Stressed out college students are a species of their own. There are many stages of being stressed. For example, the first stage is normal, kind of worried, but not freaking out kind of stress. The second stage is actively freaking out, full panic mode, end of the world type stress. The final and worst stage of stress if often times misleading. In this stage of stress, college students reach a sort of zen, and put on the facade that everything is daisies and gumdrops, when inside their minds it is actually fire, fire, and more fire.

4. When the people who skipped class the entire semester ask you for your notes.

Everyone knows that some classes are big black holes. What I mean by this is that some classes require no attendance, and practically no effort during the semester. However, as finals roll around, all of the students who got sucked in suddenly start resurfacing. Sometimes it can be hard to feel sorry for those students when you have spent the semester working diligently while they have been off sleeping in.

5. When everyone feels the constant need to remind you of how much work you procrastinated.

There is nothing worse than hearing "Don't you have exams?" while you are obviously busy enjoying your life. The impending doom of finals takes a toll on people, and procrastination can seem like the only plausible solution to this unfixable problem.

6. When everyone is calculating their grades before finals to see what they need on their exam to pass their classes.

It is almost unfair how much final exams count towards final grades. I have seen students maintain an 'A' average for whole semester than shatter their final grade by doing poorly on their exams. There is a lot of negotiating that goes on before finals like "if I just get this grade on the final, I will have this grade in the course, and I will be able to get this GPA". However the uncertainty of what grades you will actually receive is incredulously daunting.

7. The moment when you give up on studying and let fate run its course.

This phase of finals week is similar to the stage 3 of stress. At this point in the studying spectrum, students have given up all hope in studying and have adopted the "what will be, will be" mind frame.

8. Realizing that after finals you are free.

Sometimes there is little to no hope while walking into an exam, but it is always easier knowing that you are not alone. There is nothing better than having your class friends, who endured the whole semester and held your hand through studying for the exam. These friends have your back, and you know that no matter what the outcome of the exam may be.

9. Walking out of your exam.

The feeling of completing an exam is amazing. Finally your biggest stressor is finished with. However, even after an exam is finished, there is more studying to be done because finals week is not over yet!

10. Finally finishing all of your final exams.

Walking out of your last final is equivalent to walking through the gates of Disney. The feeling of relief and pride that come with making it through finals week is tremendous. The end of finals week is the light at the end of the tunnel that gets every student through the worst week of their life. Next stop, summer!