Finals, The Week From Hell For Auburn Students

Finals are without a doubt the most stressful time of the school year.

34

This is your friendly reminder to never procrastinate. This is one of the most valuable tools that I have learned while in college. Proper time management skills are key to abolishing stress for good. During finals week, the vast majority of college students have four to five exams spread out over a one week time period, so stress seems to be inevitable.

Let me put it this way, finals week in Auburn looks a little something like this: Walking zombies, students on their hands and knees begging professors to round grades up, and a library that is busier than New York City on New Year's Eve.

In my experience, the best way to succeed in all your courses is to study every day. This might sound crazy and overdoing it, so let me explain. OK, so one of my biggest pet peeves is when people claim they just "don't have time." Let's be real. If you have time to watch Netflix, scroll through social media, listen to music, and online shop, you have time to study. There are 24 hours in a day; nobody is too busy to set aside just five minutes every day. It all comes down to priorities and how you choose to spend your time. A lot of people are all talking with no action.

If you really want to get A's on those exams, you're going to need to put in the effort and a lot of it. Make studying for just five minutes every single day a priority and I swear when finals week rolls around you will be one step ahead of every other student. It is obvious that the more you study, the more prepared you will feel. Well, don't wait until the night before the exam to study; cramming will do nothing but stress you out. There is no better feeling than walking into a classroom and feeling 100% ready to crush your exam.

The only way to feel this prepared is to have full confidence that you have done every possible thing in order to succeed.

If you're like me, you have to study for hours and hours to do well. If you're anything like my brother, you can look at it once and do well. The feeling of being proud of yourself for doing well is a very different feeling than being proud of yourself for doing every single thing in your power to earn that grade. Don't take the easy route to just getting by with a passing grade; put in hard work and knock out those exams!