How To Get Through Finals Week At Auburn University
College

What All Auburn Students Need To Hear This Finals Season

Whether this be your first or tenth finals week, you need to hear this.

97
@savannahbklein / Instagram

I know it's hard.

It's hard to get the motivation to study, its hard to not convince yourself you're gonna fail all your finals, its hard to do nothing but study for a week, but you can do this.

Did you get that? You can do this.

You've done it before, and you can do it again. Even if this is your first finals and you have no clue what to expect, just give it your all and you'll be fine.

And so what if you don't do as well as you hoped? You are more than your grades. You are more than a final. GPA doesn't matter in heaven.

That being said, give it your all. You can't be mad at yourself if you know you studied the most that you could.

Just stay focused. Something I like to do during finals is delete all social media so I'm not tempted to procrastinate. Don't worry though, you can download it all back once you take your last final. Lock yourself away, throw your phone in the bottom of your backpack and just work, even for a short period of time. Netflix will still be there after finals week.

The library can do more harm than good. It tends to get really packed during finals week, since everyone suddenly acknowledges its existence in hopes it'll magically make them study. It won't, though, since you'll probably spend more time looking for a table than looking at your study guide.

Don't forget to be kind to yourself. Sometimes all the studying in the world just isn't enough. There's always going to be that one question that catches you off guard, or maybe your professor gave you a study guide that didn't mirror the exam at all, but these things are out of your control. Don't punish yourself for things you can't help. Make sure you get at least some sleep the night before a final, we all know pulling an all-nighter before a test is not a good idea.

Keep in mind what comes after. Just think of the sweet feeling of seeing your dog for the first time in months. Remember what it's like to wake up in your own bed during Christmas break. This is what you're really working towards, not getting a 4.0. Study hard so you can spend the break in a good mindset knowing that you did your best and your grades are out of your control now.

College is unforgiving, but people aren't. Your parents will still love you even if you have a 2.0. Your employer will look past your grades and into your hardworking spirit. I can assure you the outcome of this week won't matter in ten years. So just go in there and do your best. You got this.