7 Hacks That Will Make Finals Week More Manageable

Stress-relievers for the most stressful time of the year

76
Flickr

'Tis the Season for everyone's favorite time of year: finals. With finals week comes a lot of stress and a lot of studying. However, there are ways to help relieve the stress of Finals Week and make the days a little more manageable.

1. Stock up on the food that makes you feel good

This is definitely key when this time of the year rolls around. Your favorite comfort food that always puts you in a good mood is important to have around. This will help make final's week a little more bearable.

2. Finish studying by 10:30 for an actual good night's rest

This may seem like an unrealistic goal, however, no matter how hard you study you need to get sleep. I always think that it is better to have prepared as much as possible and then gotten a good night's rest rather than being sleep deprived.

3. Save time for yourself

Amongst all of the studying and attempts at sleeping, it is important to set aside some personal time. Whether it be going for a walk or watching your favorite television show, the activity can be as short as 20 minutes. This gives you a little time to clear your head and take a mental break while you study.

4. Prep your meals

Not only do people tend to eat a lot due to the stress, but people always eat at super weird hours during this time of the year. Having food that is easily accessible and ready to eat is a MUST because it just makes everyone's lives easier and relieves stress.

5. Keep up your immune system

If this means taking extra Vitamin C in the morning or sleeping longer hours, it is definitely important. Being sick while taking a test, or even worse, being sick while studying for a test, is not something that you want to happen. Avoid this at all costs because final's week is hard enough by itself.

6. Clean your space

When the library is too crowded, or you are just too lazy to walk there, it is important to have an alternate place to study. This sometimes means your room, which would be way too distracting in if it was dirty. Do yourself a favor by cleaning it up. Not only will it be clean for studying, but it will also be clean before you leave for the break so it won't be something you have to worry about.

7. Get ahead

If you know that you have many finals on one day of the week, try to split up the study times. Especially if this is the case, try to start studying a week in advance. Your brain will thank you later.

Good luck!