How to choose Film Festivals 2020 near me

Film Festivals 2020 near me

1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sundance_Film_Festival

Three months into 2020, and you would have ticked off a few of your resolutions for this year. But we have one more for you to add to the list: Film festivals. As an aspiring filmmaker or a screenwriter or even an artist, you already know why you should attend these film festivals in 2020 and are undecided as to which film festivals 2020 to attend. To help you pick a few film festivals, we are here to take you through a quick journey on how to choose from film festivals. You may have come across hundreds of quick searches on 'Film Festivals 2020 near me' online and may have even been tempted to click those links. Well, here we have curated a few tips on how you can choose your next film festival.

Film Festivals 2020 Near Me: How to choose your next Film Festival

A film festival's part is to curate an audience of film lovers, critics and film goers to view your work on the big screen. In film industry terms, film festivals are used as a public-viewing platform for various genres of films.

The best way to dig into upcoming fil festivals would be to google 'Film Festivals 2020 Near Me'. You are likely to be bombarded by thousands of options on your computer screen. Once you have a list on paper, let us help you through how to shortlist the film festivals that you should attend.

Think Big- Cannes, Sundance and TIFF

Think of Cannes, TIFF or Sun-dance. They are iconic for a reason, which means they are probably worth attending. They attract some of the most unbelievable films from spectacular filmmakers. Film festival season brings along different vibe, history and leanings. Unlike popular belief, film festivals are not only limited to creative minds; it is a platform for people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy films and their behind story. Next time you plan to attend one, make sure it is big.

Regional is the way forward

Going big does not mean you aim for Cannes or TIFF only. While, these humongous film festivals may intimidate you in terms of time, energy or money, regional film festivals may be a great option. Every year the film festival calendar is jam-packed by thousands of films, and that is not a bad thing. If you type in 'Film Festivals 2020 near me', you will see plenty of regional film festivals around your area. The majority of your local area have regional film festivals, and it is unfortunate very few make it to their local film festivals.

At these local events, you are likely to understand why you should be attending such film festivals.

Look for Story

Whether you're trying to determine which films to showcase, or which film festival to attend, it is important to look for the story than the alluring premieres and eminent celebrities. You may find it difficult to ignore the gleaming, huge premieres and choose which ones to attend. But if you are a filmmaker or someone who looks beyond the glamour world, skip such premieres. The films that feel like more from around the world, those are the ones that may take you by surprise.

Know your genre

With the bombardment of film festivals in general, there has also been growth in demand for niche film festivals. So, whether you're someone with a creative head, or if you are a filmmaker looking for an opportunity to display your film at the festival, don't hesitate from film festivals 2020 that curate your type of films. Your genre may spread across thriller, rom-com or even horror and these genres have some great specific film festivals.

Why Audience Awards: Film Festivals 2020 near me

At Audience Awards we love films. We provide a digital platform for filmmakers or watchers that connects filmmakers and brands through branded film making opportunities and video contests. We have a deep desire to introduce you to real film making experience. Here you have the chance to submit quality content and win exciting prizes in cash.