How To Deal With Negativity

One negative thought can infect an entire mood and when negativity builds up, it becomes poison.

Remove negative thoughts from your life with 30 different ideas from people just like you, dealing with negativity.

1. "Journal about the negative thoughts and feelings you have and rationalize those thoughts" - Female, 22

2. "I read my Bible, talk to my mom, and text my best friend" - Female, 20

3. "Uh, I don't know. I think I just deal with it by hanging out with my friends." - Male, 18

4. "I drive in my car and literally just talk out loud to Jesus." - Female, 31

5. "Walk around the neighborhood and jam out to some hard rock. It gets me amped and makes me feel like I can take on anything." - Male, 33

6. "I learned that a lot of the negativity comes from my own mouth so I try and catch it and make it into something positive. Oh, also gossiping, I try to stop that." - Female, 24

7. "You need to surround yourself with people that just get you. People who aren't trying to tear other people down all the time." - Male, 27

8. "Go read a book. Seriously, just escape from everything and read a book. Try and stay negative when you're reading." - Female, 27

9. "Prayer! That is seriously the only thing that works for me. I like it when other people pray for me. I mean it's hard to ask for prayer but it definitely helps to have someone else there." - Female, 23

10. "I paint or try and let myself be more creative. There are activities where I'm in my own thoughts and activities where I express those thoughts. Expressing it is a lot better than keeping it all to myself." - Female, 23

11. "I'm the most negative person in my life. I need to just learn to shut off my mind because it just keeps going," - Male, 23

12. "Tattoos. I get tattoos, design tattoos for friends. I don't know why, it just works." - Male, 25

13. "I sleep. It may not be the best coping mechanism but it is what it is." - Female, 22

14. "Go to the gym because you don't understand what endorphins will do for you. It's really just the adrenaline rush of it all." - Male, 28.

15. "Run on an actual track, not a treadmill." - Female, 21

16. "I write positive and motivating sayings on post-it notes and put them up wherever I know I'll see them." - Female, 33

17. "Get coffee with a friend or family member. Someone who will just listen." - Female, 31

18. "Unplug from social media. I am at my most negative on social media with all the comparison and likes or dislikes. It's just too much." - Female, 19

19. "End the toxic relationships that are causing the negativity. You will feel so much better afterward." - Female, 32

20. "Find your people. You can tell them what's going on or don't, but just BE with them." - Male, 22

21. "I start calling on the negative people and tell them to stop or get out of my life. It's a hard task, but necessary." - Female, 22

22. "I scope out what's causing it and then I just take a step back from it. If it's work, take a vacation. If it's family or friends, take a break." - Male, 28

23. "I haven't really figured it out yet. I'd like to say that I just recognize my negativity and stop, but it's hard." - Female, 25

24. "I have a girls night out and try and forget it for a while." - Female, 21

25. "When negativity gets too much, it's probably because I'm not spending enough time with Jesus. So yeah, I try to fix that." - Male, 24

26. "I'm not sure if I'm doing it right so when you figure it out, let me know." - Female, 24

27. "There's an app that notifies me every morning with motivational quotes. I can't say that helps but I think starting the day off with some positivity should be the trick." - Female, 23

28. "I stay home and wallow in it for a little bit before I kind of evaluate and adjust to whatever it is I need. Sometimes I'll work on my novel to escape or sometimes I confront it by talking to my sister about it," - Female, 23

29. "Diffuse essential oils and hope it works. I'm not completely sold on it, but it's not getting any worse." - Female, 30

30. "I pray but I write my prayers down. I guess it's journaling but it's me directly asking God for guidance. Writing is therapeutic and God's guidance is everything else." - Female, 22

However you choose to do it, negativity needs to get out of your life. It's toxic and it affects your mood, your relationships, your living, etc. but don't settle for temporary fixes.

GET RID OF IT!

Read your Bible, talk to God, spend more time with positive people, and do whatever it takes to suck out the negativity for good.