The Two Fighters In Your Corner When The World's Walls Are Closing In

It often feels like we are all alone. But we aren’t. Not even in the slightest.
618

This is a huge world. Like really big. In this life, we are faced with so many responsibilities and worries and stressors that sometimes it makes it feel like we are too tiny for such a big and messy world. It is scary and it often feels like we are all alone.

But we aren’t. Not even in the slightest.

SEE ALSO: A Message To The Ones Who Get Left Behind

There are two important things to remember when life’s walls are closing in:

First, we all have a fearless God whose love for us is abundant.

A love so big that there is nothing He wouldn’t do for us. But many people ask, “if He loves me then why would he want to hurt me?”. A lot of times in our lives, too many for my liking, we go through trials.

Bad grades, heartbreak, sickness, losing a loved one, the list goes on and on. Even in our darkest days, when our hearts are so heavy, and our faith is crumbling, God is at work in us. He puts these trials in our lives to bring us closer to Him. He gives us these obstacles so that we become stronger, braver, smarter, and more faithful. All He wants is for us to lean on Him and rely on Him in our troubles. God wants to be magnified in our problems.

He is a selfish God, but He has every right to be.

He also is trying to work through us. When others see that you are leaning on Him through your troubles and you make it out alive, they are given the faith to do the same.

People need to see God working in us.

There is nothing in this world that God would put you through if He didn’t think you could handle it, especially with Him by your side.

Second, we were never created to live in this world alone.

God created Eve for Adam as a companion, an adventure buddy, and a partner to walk in faith with. God has surrounded you with people who you must lean on when times are getting weary.

I know the feeling first hand when you think you can handle the storms on your own. When you think that no one wants to hear your problems. When you bottle up your troubles inside, just so that you aren’t seen as weak or flawed.

But that is not how were intended to live.

God purposely gave you your friends and loved ones so that you could physically lean on them.

Yes, God’s comfort is real, but when you are in one of those really dark storms, it is nice to have comfort in the form of hugs and shoulders to cry on. Find those around you to lift you up, even when it feels like you are in the depths of Hell. Find the ones who you can rely on to always be there for you. Walk in your faith together, and you both will never fall far.

Stress, anxiety, depression, sickness, death, tears, and scars. They are inescapable.

But neither is the love of God.

“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Struck down, but not destroyed.

So remember, you have two fighters in your corner: God and those who He surrounded you with. Use them to be unshakable.

Have faith, find those who you can lean on, and trust that God is working in you and through you day by day.

You are unshakable with Him by your side.