A Message To The Ones Who Get Left Behind

We've all been there.

448
pexels

Do you ever face the problem of people coming into your life and leaving before they even had the chance to see you?

Yea, me too.

We constantly come in contact with people who go just as quickly as they came and honestly, it sucks.

It hurts because they stay long enough for you to start opening up and then it's almost like they see who you are and get away as quick as they can. And that is the issue. They only see a little piece of who you are and not the whole thing. They sit and urge you to be yourself, but as soon as you are- you aren't enough.

I get it, the whole world isn't going to be your biggest support, but from where you're sitting now it seems like no one in the world supports you. You see joy in its purest form and it's taken from you.

You see people who love you, and then - just like that - they disappear.

I do have this to tell you, though. In the midst of all of the pain and frustration of them leaving you, you're one step closer to the people or person who won't. Sure, it may take a whole lifetime of heartaches, lonely nights, and long cries, but won't it be sweet when those nights crying aren't alone?

Won't it be so joyous when all that pain you thought would never go away eventually does?

In the book of Joshua, it is written "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

You see, while you feel so alone right now you truly aren't. While you are spending your night wondering when someone will care enough to see you fully and stay just a little while longer, God is with you and longing for you to be with him.

As your heart is aching for someone to see you, God is wondering when you will see what he did for you.

As you sit and wait for something great, God is saying he is greater. Greater than your pain. Greater than your doubt. He is just greater and we need that.